• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My siskins have picked up where they left off last year. Canaries are nearly all on eggs, goldies are messing with material and one pair of redpolls have started to build a bit too.  How's everyo

Only recently got into birds and have a pair of canaries,  hen sat on 4 eggs didn’t really expect all to hatch but all have 2 weeks old now and cocks feeding them all well ?? 

My goldies. The second round are due to hatch Sunday/monday.

Posted Images

Isabel mate, they both jumped first and one has died and I caught a quail after the other so I took the quail out and then I caught the dad attacking it so it's getting hand reared the last bit. He's fine with the darker chicks so the next round are getting swapped with a canary.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 16:14, Jekyll said:

Yeah I’ve got the carophyll but will wait til chicks have fledged 

Birds only take the colour into the feather as the feather is being made so unless it's fed just before and during the moult you won't get a proper colouring..

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 14:32, gnipper said:

Couple of linnet mules and some redpolls 

Screenshot_20191012-133912_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-133950_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-134032_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-134056_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-134127_Gallery.jpg

Lovely mules and just total cracking isabel redpolls,such a funny little bird and one day there'll be some back in a flight in my garden for sure..

• Like 1

They are lovely little things I would be well proud of them gnipper, there is a man on a another web site who has bred canary x red hooded siskin's they look great. Got me sold on them to the extent I'm going to Newark on the 3rd to get me self a pair to put with my fife canary's next year. I keep a lot of Siberian bullfinch, and the fife canary's are a nice distraction, when things don't go to plan with them. 

• 5 months later...
On 20/10/2019 at 20:26, gnipper said:

Although they're just little brown birds that don't sing they are lovely little things aren't they. I need some unrelated isabels to pair these I've bred to as all mine are close bred now.

Hopefully a might have sum for you nipper lol

20200319_163518.jpg

• Like 1