Changing tastes

I think my airgun tastes have been changing for a while now - I've been starting to find less enjoyment in PCPs and 50mm scopes lately - I just haven't had that same urge to get out and use them.

I've been appreciating the TX a lot more lately - even more so since I put a little Hawke Sport 4x32 so with a nice simple duplex reticle on it :thumbs:

IMG_20190411_160623.jpg

• Like 3

So, with this in mind, I'd been considering offering up my HW100 for a swap with some kind of HW springer, preferably in .22 and, with a laminate stock - hopefully with a few quid my way :hmm:

I happened to mention my thoughts to Dave at Black Cat yesterday, knowing that he had a '77 that fit the bill.

........ He offered a swap for his .22 laminate '77k and, instead of cash, an AA S400 in .177 with a Rowan mag kit ?

......... I checked and double checked that he was happy with the deal - he said he'd been wanting a '100 for a long time :thumbs:

IMG_20190415_172512.jpg

• Like 7

Ditto to Mitch,

Looks a good deal  Jon :good:

I`ve been using my spring rifles so much that the TX is in the gunsmiths today for a loose shroud and the HW 97K is in for a reduction in power, ( she was found out by the Chinese chrono,- cheapy was .2 of a ft/lb out to the gunsmith`s Skan chrono ).

I much prefer the challenge of sub 12 sprng rifle hunting and range work to using the 100`s.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, big napper said:

Both look nice guns jon, the hw stock looks great so now hopefully youl get the urge to go out again.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

......... I'll be back out again soon now that the evenings are getting warmer and longer ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, si brown said:

Fully agree with you on the 77 stock bn, I think they look mint?

I've always liked those HW laminates mate :yes:

Did you notice the silencer on the S400? - it's as quiet as the Marksman on there but, it looks better :thumbs:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, villaman said:

I think you had a good deal

12 minutes ago, Rez said:

Absolute day lite robbed him ? 

Lovin the green caps on that 77. 

Thank you chaps :thumbs:

......... We swapped bare rifles, no scopes or silencers but, I did give him a bipod - I checked with him again today when he popped round for a cuppa but, he insists that he's happy with the deal - I know I am :D

i had a play with the '77 today but, I haven't tried the '400 yet.

........ I love a bit of pellet testing :yes:

4 hours ago, timmytree said:

Eureka! You're not the only one Jon, I've been shooting the Phox and the Prosport both on 3X for a while now and it's bought back the fun, especially long range plinking at cans and ping pong balls.

We often tend to go for overkill on optics but it's not needed.

You're not Wrong mate - I've defaulted to x10 mag for the last 3 - 4 years but I think, for day time shooting at least, I'm actually finding lower mag' easier.

........ The '77 has got a scope with a No4 dot reticle - I was having a whale of time shooting that on x4 at 30yrds today :yes: :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mark williams said:

Ditto to Mitch,

Looks a good deal  Jon :good:

I`ve been using my spring rifles so much that the TX is in the gunsmiths today for a loose shroud and the HW 97K is in for a reduction in power, ( she was found out by the Chinese chrono,- cheapy was .2 of a ft/lb out to the gunsmith`s Skan chrono ).

I much prefer the challenge of sub 12 sprng rifle hunting and range work to using the 100`s.

Cheers Mark :thumbs:

How the feck did you work a TX shroud loose? ?

.......... I've heard that they're a bugger to remove at the best of times.

I'm the same with the rifles - the last time I went to Black Cat, I spent about 15 minutes checking that my pellet drops on the '100 were still accurate then, I spent the next 3 hours enjoying myself with the Beeman C1 that Ethan and Jimmy restored :yes:

• Like 1

77 Wise - you don`t get better than the older ones :rofl::laugh:

IMG_1160.JPG.df62797d53023731ca993b9b45b8dab8.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG.774894b35ea35d1d01f6f6c531237e54.JPG

Only saying like  ( couldn`t resist  x)  :rolleyes:

Twat !  x

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mark williams said:

77 Wise - you don`t get better than the older ones :rofl::laugh:

IMG_1160.JPG.df62797d53023731ca993b9b45b8dab8.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG.774894b35ea35d1d01f6f6c531237e54.JPG

Only saying like  ( couldn`t resist  x)  :rolleyes:

Twat !  x

Indeed mate, I remember how nicely that one shoots but, as I was born this side of the 60s, I needed something with a more modern twist ;) :laugh: :thumbs:

Good ol' twat x

:thumbs:

• Haha 2