Poor kid killed by pit bull type dog

50 minutes ago, Bolero said:

I am a bulldog man and the person who said some of the best dogs were man aggressive is so wrong I have been in these dogs all my life conditioned and tested my first dog at 12. Made my first breeding at 13. Got out when I was 27. I can count on one hand the truly man biting dogs. A man biting dog looks at a person like they do a dog. Are some territorial yes but that is not the same as man aggressive. In 15 years of breeding and using my own stock I have never once been bit not even close

You just contradicted yourself on that post.I said some were human aggressive,which is true.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the Scottish Sun it says a “bulldog cross” that was often muzzled after being allegedly involved in 4 other less serious attacks,one only a few weeks ago. Dog should have been pts straight after fi

We will have to agree to disagree then , I was referring to apache post about pitbulls been indefensible,pitbulls types ( the ones which litter the streets today with all fancy colours) are as much a

While any type of dog can be aggressive the fact is bull types can do a lot of damage in a very short space of time. If a survey was done on fatalities versus breed types owned per head of population

Posted Images

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

You just contradicted yourself on that post.I said some were human aggressive,which is true.

Ok whatever I did not contradict anything. But I really could care less. I bred and raised these dogs for 15 years and retired 4 years ago. Started at 12 never got bit and I never will so it really don’t matter much if people don’t believe me because I know the truth

I honestly think we're all really singing off the same hymn sheet here, so no need to get ourselves all twisted up about anything, sure we'd all get each other round a table...

Bolero, good to have you aboard, keep posting, I for one would love to hear more on the subject of 'genuine bulldogs' and maybe you can pick up a bit on how the land lies over here.... ??

From my experience years ago the Eli dogs carried a higher percentage of manny dogs than most particularly the Spike/Nelis/Tug dogs that were in Britain and Europe in the 80,s dogs like Smuggler,Neilson,Dillenger were all nerve racking to be around.....plenty dogs of the breed i met were stubborn and just couldnt be backed down by humans but some of those Eli dogs were outright hostile and didnt take much to tip them over the edge,personally i think their record in Europe would have been even better had they been more people friendly.....its virtually impossible to put condition on a manny dog and while some of them tested out well they couldnt be matched for that reason.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

From my experience years ago the Eli dogs carried a higher percentage of manny dogs than most particularly the Spike/Nelis/Tug dogs that were in Britain and Europe in the 80,s dogs like Smuggler,Neilson,Dillenger were all nerve racking to be around.....plenty dogs of the breed i met were stubborn and just couldnt be backed down by humans but some of those Eli dogs were outright hostile and didnt take much to tip them over the edge,personally i think their record in Europe would have been even better had they been more people friendly.....its virtually impossible to put condition on a manny dog and while some of them tested out well they couldnt be matched for that reason.

to hard to handle , suppose like any working dog, but as been said a 40-50lb bulldog would be a nightmare to handle , if they want to have a pop at you .  i seen a Bel mal that would have a go at you, and this was from a bloke who trained  RAF dogs and helped with police dogs , the dog was 65lb   , breed like these should never be in houses as pets with joe public , and like aid  before dogs should be outside in kennels/runs. when we kept bull breeds, our were outside, and never had any probs .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some dogs are ment for work bred into them any work weather vermin control or protection it's when numptys end up with these dogs and treat them like a child a big strong bull type needs a strong willed owner who takes no shit and puts the dog in it's place from day one. My view is people are the problem not the dogs. The one in Cornwall was from where I live she got caught at Plymouth train station around 20miles away with the dog so not only her dog did that she done one with the dog. Girl by herself with the dog no dout she treated like a child and thought he's a big softy. Like has been said the dog should have been pts after the first attack but I don't blame the dog I blame the owner. That's just my view on things 

• Like 1
On 15/04/2019 at 19:45, Apache... said:

Don't kid urself Carlovian don't try and defend the indefensible.

its quiet obvious yoiu havent a clue what your talking about ,you have never kept a pit /bull type from game stuff before,,i have had over a dozen in many years NOT ONE  ever looked wrong at a person ,and they were in the house at time with the family ...they kne their place i knew their minds,and they could carry out a job of work too if required ,and never did they even have an off day ...to this day the wife still askes for one as a house dog ,but them days are over and done with ...their the greatest family orientated dog you can get once you know where they came from ,how their parents/grandparents were and not just pick some bully looking dog willy nilly,you need to rear them tight and right ,set boundaries and control their actions ,them pleasing you ,not the other way round ..they eat ,shit and sit when told ...thats where the problems start when they get a free run of the house ,picking their favourite chair ,and being fed in a house full of kids ,without supervision ....thats what i believe anyway

• Like 4
On 16/04/2019 at 17:55, dogmandont said:

Said it on here before but I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would bring a bulldog of and type into a family environment. 

Every dog here was bred proper ,all spot on with folk,I mixed with many that knew how to rear em right,but I saw so many that didn't,the dogs weren't the problem

Screenshot_20190422-150101.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-150120.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-150157.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-145809.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-150218.jpg

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Obviously I don't jigsaw but it's strange that your post reflects what I and everyone else thinks. ?

what does it reflect?that you and EVERYONE ELSE  think pits are child killers?...if you take the ratio of pits owned against pits attacking ,i think you will find they are a very small percentage of the dog attacks ,unfortunately they are owned by a lot of unfit undesirables..and that can be laid at the feet of SOME  of the unscrupulous breeders that are more interested in money than the good of the breed...and fair pucks to you ,you admit your not that knowledgeable on the breed and their ways ,

It's like saying guns don't kill people, people do and pit bulls or "pit bull type"don't kill people it's the owners fault, yet both are made to kill, I admire the gameness and determination of them but strict rules and laws should be brought in for anyone who owns one, I know it's hard to keep track of this but something needs to be done.