Boy mauled to death by dog.

Police release woman, 28, arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after a vicious 'bulldog' mauled a nine-year-old boy to death at a Cornish holiday park

A woman who was arrested after a nine-year-old boy was killed by a dog at a holiday park has been released under investigation.

Frankie Macritchie, nine, was found dead by police inside a static caravan following the dog attack at around 5am on a Saturday.

The 28-year-old woman, who has not been named, was detained on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control and manslaughter following the incident at Tencreek Holiday Park in Looe, Cornwall.

On Sunday, Devon and Cornwall Police confirmed she was no longer being held in custody, and her 'bulldog-type breed' pet remained in kennels while officers continued their investigations.

Police also confirmed the boy and his family were guests at the caravan park from the Plymouth area.

Detectives launched a search for the owner of the dog after they left the site, and eventually arrested her in Saltash in south-east Cornwall around three hours later.

Tencreek Holiday Park spokesman Henry Joce said: 'It is with profound sadness that Tencreek Holiday Park management can confirm that emergency services were called to an incident in a static caravan just before 5am on Saturday April 13.

'Tragically, a 10-year-old child was pronounced deceased at the scene after being attacked by a dog present in the same caravan.

'Clearly our thoughts are very much with the family involved - they have our deepest sympathies.

'Tencreek Holiday Park staff are to be commended in the way they have dealt with a very distressing incident.

'Tencreek Holiday Park management continues to help police with their inquiries.

'The park will remain open offering normal service. Whilst the investigation is under way, no further statements will be made.' 

A 28-year-old woman believed to be the dog's owner was spotted shortly afterwards covered in blood. She claimed she had been attacked by her boyfriend and was pleading for help to leave the scene.

A woman accompanied by a dog was later arrested on a train on suspicion of manslaughter 15 miles away in Saltash near Plymouth.

The dog has since been transferred to kennels.

Ashleigh Toms told The Mail on Sunday: 'I asked what had happened. 'She said she had been on a night out and had been attacked by her boyfriend who she said 'went nuts' at her. 'She asked for my help and for money to get a taxi, saying she needed to go to Saltash. 'I had no money but I said I would be happy to help her get the train, as I was getting it anyway.

Police were called to Tencreek Holiday Park after reports of the attack, with paramedics dispatched shortly before 5am.

The boy was pronounced dead at the scene. He had been staying in a static caravan at the site. Looe resident Ashleigh Toms, 19, left her home at 6am yesterday and saw both the dog and the woman covered with bloodstains.

'I offered to come on the train with her and she thanked me a lot. She and the dog were covered in blood.'

Ms Toms said she consoled the woman and paid for her ticket for the 50-minute journey to Saltash.

Ms Toms boarded the train at the same time as the woman who she said 'went straight to the toilet to clean herself up'.

She added: 'The woman got very upset on the train and started crying her heart out.'

Miss Toms said she was shocked to learn of the arrest in Saltash and the tragedy that had happened earlier in the day.

Tencreek Holiday Park describes itself as 'the number one choice for great-value touring, camping and caravan holidays near Looe and Polperro, on Cornwall's stunning South Coast'.

Holidaymakers reported hearing screaming early yesterday morning and a spokesman for the park said: 'Emergency services were called to an incident in a static caravan just before 5am.

'Tragically, a ten-year-old child was pronounced deceased at the scene after being attacked by a dog present in the same caravan.

'Our thoughts are very much with the family involved. They have our deepest sympathies.'

He said the park would 'remain open offering normal service'.

Devon and Cornwall Police said: 'The boy's next of kin are aware and are being supported by police officers. Following this incident, searches were undertaken to locate the dog and its owner. t after 8am.

The dog has since been transferred to kennels. Inquiries continue into this incident.' 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/police-release-woman-28-arrested-on-suspicion-of-manslaughter-after-a-vicious-bulldog-mauled-a-nine-year-old-boy-to-death-at-a-cornish-holiday-park/ar-BBVVwDa?ocid=spartanntp

Great shame, what that poor lad must have gone through. As for her doing a runner after her dog had killed a child, words fail me. My heart goes out to the parents losing a young lad and christ I know, they will never get over it. RIP young one.

Arry

was the child not the womans whos been arrested???.....its not clear who the parents are...

poor little lad....his last moments on this earth must have been horrific...

its the reason I wont have dogs in the house......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

was the child not the womans whos been arrested???.....its not clear who the parents are...

poor little lad....his last moments on this earth must have been horrific...

its the reason I wont have dogs in the house......

RIP little one.

I've always had my dogs around me and mine in the house. All get educated the same, dogs and kids! I would never have a skitzy dog around me, let alone kids ;)

One thing that I can say about this cock, is he is very very gentle around kids.  As much as I berate the cnut he's not aggressive and snappy.