Big cat attacks dog

6 hours ago, mackem said:

Who bestowed upon rick minter the title "Big cat consultant"?

safe_image.gif

I would imagine that when the police,other government body,s farmers,vets and gamekeepers come to you for advice on a subject or direct people affected by the subject to you for advice, that would make you a consultant also working with the mountain lion project in America,leopards in India and cases of displaced cats in other country,s would give you a slight edge over the average man in the street when it comes to giving that advice, you obviously have a strange interest in the subject as you are possibly the most prolific poster on the subject along with myself so why don’t you take up my offer to come along for an evening and ask the man the questions you would like answered yourself?? At least then you would have the full picture before deciding on my state of mind ????

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I would imagine that when the police,other government body,s farmers,vets and gamekeepers come to you for advice on a subject or direct people affected by the subject to you for advice, that would make you a consultant also working with the mountain lion project in America,leopards in India and cases of displaced cats in other country,s would give you a slight edge over the average man in the street when it comes to giving that advice, you obviously have a strange interest in the subject as you are possibly the most prolific poster on the subject along with myself so why don’t you take up my offer to come along for an evening and ask the man the questions you would like answered yourself?? At least then you would have the full picture before deciding on my state of mind ????

I thanked you the last time,and I thank you again for the offer,i am not the second most prolific poster,but someone has to add a voice of reason to such threads ? I was unaware that rick minter had done work with leopards and mountain lion in their native lands?I shall delve into that :good: I just thought he had given himself the title of Big Cat Consultant due to his book Big Cats-facing britains wild predators about his journey following britains big cats,have you read it?Any good?

Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Is rick minter fella that done the talk at the pub ,Greyman ? 

He did a pub talk recently,did you go to it?Any idea which north-American and African projects he worked on or is involved with?

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

He did a pub talk recently,did you go to it?Any idea which north-American and African projects he worked on or is involved with?

This wasn’t recently it was when I was still living up wye valley , can’t remember what he worked with but I will say it’s interesting to go to,and if these people didn’t do this then nothing would ever come to light. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

nothing would ever come to light. 

Nothing has actually came to life though,i always had an interest in cryptids,a deep interest once,but with every false alarm and fake story its becoming less and less likely that theres a cat never mind breeding populations wandering around in the wild here apart from the very occasional escapee.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

Nothing has actually came to life though,i always had an interest in cryptids,a deep interest once,but with every false alarm and fake story its becoming less and less likely that theres a cat never mind breeding populations wandering around in the wild here apart from the very occasional escapee.

Well they are using their time ,money and resources so I won’t mock them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Well they are using their time ,money and resources so I won’t mock them. 

I am not mocking either,i am asking pertinent questions,vets who agree the saliva DNA is leopard,which projects abroad a british "expert" worked on etc but until they come up with a gin-clear pic taken in the british countryside they shouldn't expect to promote this toffee without getting a bit of joshing for it,i have an american friend,i posted his pics here before,he gets trail-cam mountain lion pics regular on his land,surely it cant be that difficult here given the number of sightings?

16 minutes ago, mackem said:

I think if you did come along to the university you may have a change of heart?Also understand we’re you are coming from regarding false alarms and fake story,s they are the Bain of our challenge and muddy the waters continually but by keeping records and doing proper research we will eventually get there, yes I have read ricks book did find it a help in my own quest, Rick will come along and give talks and slide shows for groups of people if requested we also take a tent to various country shows round the country it’s a good way of networking and gathering data 

• Like 1