Running Dog Maintenance books for sale

In the process of emptying my house as we're moving on to a narrowboat, and I found a couple of boxes of Running Dog Maintenance by Penny Taylor (that's me). I thought they'd all been sold, but there are 15 or so left, some without dust jackets. Selling the ones with jackets for £15, and £10 for the ones without jackets. Plus £5 post and packing. Please message me if you want one.

• Like 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks, only a small boat as we couldn't afford a great big one, but it will be all ours and no one can take it from us, unlike the house that I've rented for 30 years and the owners, the Church, gree

We could only afford an old Springer, but she's sound, has been overplated properly and everything works as it should. It should do us for the next 5 years until Andy retires when we'll hopefully be a

Will you do a blog  or a thread on here about boat life?  You could start a new trend instead of throwing bull xs out of Subaru's throw a lurcher out a narrow boat ?

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, skycat said:

In the process of emptying my house as we're moving on to a narrowboat, and I found a couple of boxes of Running Dog Maintenance by Penny Taylor (that's me). I thought they'd all been sold, but there are 15 or so left, some without dust jackets. Selling the ones with jackets for £15, and £10 for the ones without jackets. Plus £5 post and packing. Please message me if you want one.

be nice way of life on the boat penny, you finished with lurchers now, as you bee living on a boat, see quite few people on boats with the odd dog, but thats  it  one or 2 dogs no more , prob not much room, when i used to walk along the canals   by south staffs. 

29 minutes ago, skycat said:

Thanks, only a small boat as we couldn't afford a great big one, but it will be all ours and no one can take it from us, unlike the house that I've rented for 30 years and the owners, the Church, greedy pigs, have decided to sell. Actually, we were always going to end up on a boat just not quite so soon, and yes, there will be lurchers on board. Only got one young one now, and sadly one of my Airedale lurchers is riddled with mammary cancer and is a grumpy sod to boot so she won't be coming. Andy still has one lurcher but since his stroke he's pretty much stopped any form of hunting. I'll still get out on the lamp when I can: kind of like the idea of training the youngster to leap off the roof of the boat as we cruise slowly down a back water.? It will be a whole new way of life and we're really looking forward to it. I'll put some photos of the boat on here when she gets here: on her way down from Burton on Trent at the moment: life in the slow (and minimalist) lane: ah!

sounds the ideal way to live a more relaxed existence.....atvb to you both?

39 minutes ago, skycat said:

Thanks, only a small boat as we couldn't afford a great big one, but it will be all ours and no one can take it from us, unlike the house that I've rented for 30 years and the owners, the Church, greedy pigs, have decided to sell. Actually, we were always going to end up on a boat just not quite so soon, and yes, there will be lurchers on board. Only got one young one now, and sadly one of my Airedale lurchers is riddled with mammary cancer and is a grumpy sod to boot so she won't be coming. Andy still has one lurcher but since his stroke he's pretty much stopped any form of hunting. I'll still get out on the lamp when I can: kind of like the idea of training the youngster to leap off the roof of the boat as we cruise slowly down a back water.? It will be a whole new way of life and we're really looking forward to it. I'll put some photos of the boat on here when she gets here: on her way down from Burton on Trent at the moment: life in the slow (and minimalist) lane: ah!

All the best Penny to you and Andy for your new way of life aboard a boat. Hope it's everything that you both wanted ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, skycat said:

It's a great way to live penny ,I spent few yrs on a 55 ft David piper n boat .wish I never left it .

what type you got if you don't mind me asking ? Are you going to travel the water ways or stay on a marina and travel in spring summer .

plenty places to see and dogs will have some fun ,god I miss the sound of that old lister going pop pop pop .

if I could talk the other half into it we be on one now .

good luck and enjoy !!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, skycat said:

Nice one ,I got my boat from other side of Humber ,that was one crossing I wouldn't want to do again in a rush .i wish you and Andy all the best and may yous have many happy yrs .

3 hours ago, skycat said:

Will you do a blog  or a thread on here about boat life? 

You could start a new trend instead of throwing bull xs out of Subaru's throw a lurcher out a narrow boat ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We could only afford an old Springer, but she's sound, has been overplated properly and everything works as it should. It should do us for the next 5 years until Andy retires when we'll hopefully be able to afford something bigger, unless, of course, I've got used to living in a sardine can.? We looked at quite a few boats, most ridiculously overpriced, including a beautiful old converted iron barge 57 feet, but it needed too much doing to it, and besides, our boat is called Windsong which seemed significant, though I couldn't say why. I just like the name. She's very basic, but does have a wood burner, shower and kitchen, and enough room on the stern deck for my pots of herbs. We should be moving aboard by mid May, and yes, I'll put some posts on with photos of dogs chilling and moored up a tributary of the Ouse, which is our aim. Marina for when the river's in flood and for trips to the laundrette, diesel and water etc. Once Andy retires we'll be continuous cruisers with no fixed abode: can't wait for that! Finding little out of the way places out on the fens as far from other people as we can get, our idea of paradise.

• Like 16