Jsb hades

At my zero range of 45 yards hades expanded really well and all the way out to 75 yards  .  Groups are fantastic probably bit tighter than my normal AA fields 18 gr an 16 gr ones .Can’t wait to see what they are like on rabbits 

• Like 1

What medium did they expand in vm?  If you’re shooting 75 yards I assume they’re running at some speed. The question for most would be, are these going to have any advantage at 12ft lbs, or are they really designed to work at higher power levels??

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

What medium did they expand in vm?  If you’re shooting 75 yards I assume they’re running at some speed. The question for most would be, are these going to have any advantage at 12ft lbs, or are they really designed to work at higher power levels??

Sub12 I don’t know at the moment but FAC in my crown , it’s running@ 32 ft/lbs 950 fps and hitting 18 mm chipboard , a normal dome head pellet would have started to blow the back of the board ,but these penetrated at 5 mm and completely flattened the pellet , causing a lot of damage in the 5mm depth 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Sub12 I don’t know at the moment but FAC in my crown , it’s running@ 32 ft/lbs 950 fps and hitting 18 mm chipboard , a normal dome head pellet would have started to blow the back of the board ,but these penetrated at 5 mm and completely flattened the pellet , causing a lot of damage in the 5mm depth 

Looks promising then?

52 minutes ago, philpot said:

I have a friend on another forum using them but they are not available for .25 yet although as soon as they are, I will be trying them.

Phil

That should be interesting also Phil. If they can live up to their name I can see them being in real demand.

2 hours ago, philpot said:

I have a friend on another forum using them but they are not available for .25 yet although as soon as they are, I will be trying them.

Phil

Yes can’t wait for them specially after testing.22

45 minutes ago, philpot said:

If you hear anything on .25 Mitch, please let me know. I have been thinking about a .30 barrel kit for the Impact and at 80fpe should be an interesting setup. Something for the future I think.

Phil

Will do Phil ??

Might pay to wait on .30 ,  when the slug liners come in and we get a good supply of slugs , these should reach a lot higher ft/lbs in .25 and 700 mm barel

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Will do Phil ??

Might pay to wait on .30 ,  when the slug liners come in and we get a good supply of slugs , these should reach a lot higher ft/lbs in .25 and 700 mm barel

Exactly right Mitch, that is just what I was thinking.

Phil

Interesting Mitch, it sounds like a shorter range pellet but wonder how the accuracy is at fac level long distance. From what I saw there, I don't think I would bother with sub 12 as the spread is very little.

Phil