Strangest thing.

These type of posts always make my day. Because we hunt, shoot, fish etc people sometimes think we're a bunch of blood thirsty killing machines who will slaughter anything but I've yet to meet a hunter who doesn't care passionately about wild life and nature in general. 

Grated cheese works well with robins, wagtails and dunnocks, when I share my work sarnies with the birds they end up with more cheese than I fcuking do.... ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, gnipper said:

We get robin's following us around work when we're digging and work stops till someone finds a worm for them.

Robins seem to enjoy a bit of terrierwork as well. Lol. Never far away when the digging starts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, gnipper said:

We get robin's following us around work when we're digging and work stops till someone finds a worm for them.

Working on a job extending a barn for the customer to park their cars. This little fella was always looking for a free meal 

IMG_20190325_182556.jpg

IMG_20190409_151953.jpg

IMG_20190409_152206_1.jpg

• Like 5

We have mistle thrushes nesting in a lime out back our house and it’s true what they say about them .They are called storm cocks  here for a reason .The higher in the tree the cock sings the more likely it is to rain .On still days he won’t sing at all .They were driving  off magpies yesterday successfully I believe as he’s on duty there again now though not singing as it’s a beautiful day again .

Ive put this pic on another thread ,so apologies ,but here is the tame blackbird out back our house in the rough .I don’t feed the birds in the garden because of the rats it attracts but I have feeders in the tiny woodland they left when they built houses few years ago?

He’s a beauty .Currently shagging two hens I believe .

C179969E-CCB5-4681-AF81-0410EA1F46D6.jpeg

• Like 9