Strangest thing.

Sat drinking tea and catching up on the forum, when there's a knock on the window. The curtain still closed thought who the feck is that this early. Go to the door and theres nobody there just a Black Bird siting on the hedge 10 foot away looking at me as if to say "where's me raisins". I aways feed them every morning with a hand full of raisins on top of the Ferret hutch, I know I was a bit late today and the curtains were closed but there getting cheeky. If the curtains are open he sits on the hedge looking at me on the sofa making me feel guilty. But the knock was uncanny just like a mate would do as they walk past the window.Lol. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Lovely innit. Keep feeding them.they mighy get proper tame.

I had the same with a seagull at work.

Spend a small fortune on feed mate, like to see the bird in me garden. The Black birds are tame they get on the sill and look in the windows at the back and will land on the Ferret hutch when I'm at the Ferrets. But knocking on the window is a new one especially as the knock was just like my brother in-laws knock.

Cheers Arry

im working in a chemical plant and above our hut was a blackbirds nest ,this week the blackbird hen came back and was checking out her old home i expect ,wellafter lunch i opened the rubbish bin to put in my waste and there is the nest inside ,i asked who took this down and the boss says ''I CANT BE HAVING THEM FUCKERS FLYING ABOUT AGAIN THIS YEAR,''..what a c**t ,i told him ,you'll have no luck for that ,rotten thing to do i thought 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

im working in a chemical plant and above our hut was a blackbirds nest ,this week the blackbird hen came back and was checking out her old home i expect ,wellafter lunch i opened the rubbish bin to put in my waste and there is the nest inside ,i asked who took this down and the boss says ''I CANT BE HAVING THEM FUCKERS FLYING ABOUT AGAIN THIS YEAR,''..what a c**t ,i told him ,you'll have no luck for that ,rotten thingI to do i thought 

I saw a swallows nest last year in a shop in Nepal,the birds were flying around customers heads,the shop-owner considered it good luck.

IMG_20181120_182950.jpg.4cbe3b42bb27b568070f4600048ca071.jpgIMG_20181120_183006.jpg.f8a5af1c8a7e84c15f207c09df16ebda.jpgIMG_20181120_180653.jpg.2f6987c302fa90e441cbdbfa26451342.jpg

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, Arry said:

When I work at a Amusement park in maintenance I used to drive around the park in a golf buggy. Everywhere I stopped my little Robin would pop up after I fed him the corner of my pasty when it was all covered in snow. Laugh is and think it took me a year to twig it wasn't same one but a different one at every different machine, always wondered how he eat so much Lol. But the best thing I could for getting then to feed of you hand was very small suet pellets the Sansburys used to sell smaller that the rest you can buy and pink.

1057200944_PICT0001.JPG(12).jpg.3e8cd76d13dc78ccec62a2fad1b77f8b.jpg

821382298_PICT0004.JPG(6).jpg.00c76f4e821b4346ccd2ae4ad3b8d91f.jpg

Cheers Arry

Home Bargains, wild bird suet pellets 1.5kg £1.99

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Home Bargains, wild bird suet pellets 1.5kg £1.99

Cheers, D.

Don't think we have a Home Bargains around me D, what diameter are those mate. Them one from Sansburys were only about 3mm the ones in the pet shop and Morrisons I guess are about 5mm the robins seem to struggle a bit with them mate. They do like the dried meal worms and the flap jack the the wife buys, she don't know that though Lol.

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Sat drinking tea and catching up on the forum, when there's a knock on the window. The curtain still closed thought who the feck is that this early. Go to the door and theres nobody there just a Black Bird siting on the hedge 10 foot away looking at me as if to say "where's me raisins". I aways feed them every morning with a hand full of raisins on top of the Ferret hutch, I know I was a bit late today and the curtains were closed but there getting cheeky. If the curtains are open he sits on the hedge looking at me on the sofa making me feel guilty. But the knock was uncanny just like a mate would do as they walk past the window.Lol. 

Cheers Arry

When I was a kid I was always finding and rearing corvids that had fallen from nests, I had several crows that would go round the bedrooms tapping on the windows for food long after they had been released which pissed my folks and siblings off no end ??

• Like 4

found a thrush and black bird yesterday dead on the side of the road....looked like they had been fighting as they both had plumage feathers from the other bird in each other's mouths.......picked them up for ferret food.waste not?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Don't think we have a Home Bargains around me D, what diameter are those mate. Them one from Sansburys were only about 3mm the ones in the pet shop and Morrisons I guess are about 5mm the robins seem to struggle a bit with them mate. They do like the dried meal worms and the flap jack the the wife buys, she don't know that though Lol.

Cheers Arry

Look like 3mm mate, most of the birds take them, tits, wren, robins, blackbird Hoover's the feckers up lol.

Dried mealworms are fairly crap, I pay £2.75 for a tub at Pets at Home for live ones, last me about 10 days with a couple of sprinklings twice a day.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Look like 3mm mate, most of the birds take them, tits, wren, robins, blackbird Hoover's the feckers up lol.

Dried mealworms are fairly crap, I pay £2.75 for a tub at Pets at Home for live ones, last me about 10 days with a couple of sprinklings twice a day.

Cheers, D.

Do you rehydrate the mealworms dytkos.?

• Sad 1