What's the longest

Seen them go a few days over but if it goes to 5 or more days over I'd be a little bit  concerned about things. In the grand scheme of a 63 day gestation period 5 or 6 days can be quite a  long time. If a bitch was mated a few times you could be over the 63 days but she may not have caught on the first mating it could have been the third mating for example in which you'd still be within reason with the 63 days. Keep a good eye on the bitch and if things don't seem right with her get to the vet straight away.

• Like 2

Why the heat lamp so early mate ?

Wont hurt to get a vets opinion and you’ll get idea of the number of pups from the ultra scan .

Ive always gone from the last mating but been  ready from the first If you get me .

Hope all goes well mate .

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Why the heat lamp so early mate ?

Wont hurt to get a vets opinion and you’ll get idea of the number of pups from the ultra scan .

Ive always gone from the last mating but been  ready from the first If you get me .

Hope all goes well mate .

It's been very cold in the nights so the heat lamps been on to be safe if she as them when im in bed  Iv just been up to see her I should have puppy's but the time I'm home from work  with a bit of luck that's for all the advice 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Supersid said:

It's been very cold in the nights so the heat lamps been on to be safe if she as them when im in bed  Iv just been up to see her I should have puppy's but the time I'm home from work  with a bit of luck that's for all the advice 

To be honest mate and this isn’t a criticism either ,any litters I’ve had we stay up all night in turns .It only takes a few  hours of bitch in labour not producing pups to lose the lot and the bitch if not to the vets ASAP .

I wouldn’t use the lamp until they are born and only sparingly at that .

• Like 1

maybe she's not that much over, the bitch can keep semen alive inside her, not dogs but with goshawks one insemination often would cover two eggs  5-6 days apart, good luck my bitch had to have a c section last year , one pup £700 ?

2 hours ago, nick703 said:

maybe she's not that much over, the bitch can keep semen alive inside her, not dogs but with goshawks one insemination often would cover two eggs  5-6 days apart, good luck my bitch had to have a c section last year , one pup £700 ?

You got ride I had a c section on a bitch last summer and it was €150 ?