First House Martin’s

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Just seen the first House martins flying about over the lakes . Good to see them back , feels like spring is here . 

Try and slow them down a bit I,m still constructing my swift box,s ??

• Like 2

Found numerous long tailed tits  nests with eggs and 2 goldies sitting eggs watched a bully building this morning  and spotted a blackjack. There's a mallard with 5 young  in tow on a small stream near  me  

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, ftm said:

Found numerous long tailed tits  nests with eggs and 2 goldies sitting eggs watched a bully building this morning  and spotted a blackjack. There's a mallard with 5 young  in tow on a small stream near  me  

Got a long tailed tit nesting in my hedge and saw first swallows yesterday.......got a crow building in one of my trees which is going to get it......also a pair of magpies further up the garden in some dense conifers but they know I’m after them !

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, bell said:

Got a long tailed tit nesting in my hedge and saw first swallows yesterday.......got a crow building in one of my trees which is going to get it......also a pair of magpies further up the garden in some dense conifers but they know I’m after them !

Got the Larson trap going in my neighbors back garden (can’t set it in mine , drives the dogs nuts ) and caught a couple , also popped some off with my 22lr , “ the clever ones who wouldn’t go in the trap” . Haven’t heard one around for a while now and that’s just how I like it . ?

• Like 2

Loads of geese still fly south from Loch Leven over the house and as you drive up the motorway there loads still feeding at the fields at the side . Bloody magpies are pulling the fibre out my hanging baskets at the house for nesting material 

• Like 1