Getting time to work the dogs with work/other commitments

9 hours ago, rob284 said:

i Wish I was as lucky to pick and choose when I work and work around my leisure? work is first for me as I’m not in a position to turn it down. The dogs still get out in the season and I’m passionate about it them. I’m not passionate about my job but needs must and won’t shy away from it. I don’t understand why you’d even want to question someone’s heart in the game. Half the lads in this game who hunt 4, 5 days a week don’t have their heart in the game, it’s mostly ego and money. Whereas the man who works all week so he can get out and enjoy the country with there dogs on a weekend, their heart is in the game.

Need work to have money and you need money to hunt to a certain extent wheter we like it or not you have to pay bills to but i would deffinatly agree with you that the lad who works 5 days a week and still gets out with the dogs every chance he can is deffinatly passionate about the dogs. I know lads who work monday to friday hard graft and are still out on the lamp 4 or five nights a week when the weather is right. So i think if you really want the best for your dogs youll find a way to make it happen regardles of work because at the end of the day you need to work to live 

• Like 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if work gets in the way ,your heart really ain’t in it .Ive structured my life around hunting not the other way .

used to be a greenkeeper before the ban came about....take the dogs to work with me everyday.....best days of my life?then went around contracting as a subbie ,good coin but would be away for weeks so

I never understood the concept of work, you give up your life to get the money to enjoy the things you're told you need to enjoy your life, it's all a massive con. I refuse to conform then, I ref

used to be a greenkeeper before the ban came about....take the dogs to work with me everyday.....best days of my life?then went around contracting as a subbie ,good coin but would be away for weeks sometimes months at a time.....that was no good.bought a house and settled down,started a family,ended up with a kennel full of pensioners lol.took a job on the books ,home by 5 everyday,only work weekends in the summer,leave my holidays until the season starts so I can get out in the week twice a month and every weekend without fail.only keep enough dogs I can find the work for these days......

suits me?

• Like 7

You only get out what you put in the dog game, dogs need routine regular work exercise, leaving daily kennel work to others if you have to work away never works out.has already said depends how important dogs are to you,if weather is right or days hunting arranged work can be put off just the way I've always been, wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

used to be a greenkeeper before the ban came about....take the dogs to work with me everyday.....best days of my life?then went around contracting as a subbie ,good coin but would be away for weeks sometimes months at a time.....that was no good.bought a house and settled down,started a family,ended up with a kennel full of pensioners lol.took a job on the books ,home by 5 everyday,only work weekends in the summer,leave my holidays until the season starts so I can get out in the week twice a month and every weekend without fail.only keep enough dogs I can find the work for these days......

suits me?

I was a greenkeeper since 15 and also took my dogs to work, in those days had 1whippet for the rabbits on the golf course,also used to take a staff who used to deal with feral cats scratching up the greens and she used to ride on the roller when I was doing the bowling section.Didn't have a lot of time for other hunting then as also worked nights in a pet meat wholesaler,but I'm glad I worked then so I could retire at 50.If I was born rich I would have never worked and gone hunting or fishing most days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1