Getting time to work the dogs with work/other commitments

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if work gets in the way ,your heart really ain’t in it .Ive structured my life around hunting not the other way .

used to be a greenkeeper before the ban came about....take the dogs to work with me everyday.....best days of my life?then went around contracting as a subbie ,good coin but would be away for weeks so

I never understood the concept of work, you give up your life to get the money to enjoy the things you're told you need to enjoy your life, it's all a massive con. I refuse to conform then, I ref

I’m a steel erector so away more or less every week so I totally understand how you feel mate but my boss is a shooter and totally understands and isn’t pushy regarding weekend work or been a couple hours late the next day he even lets me get away early if I’m going out as long as I bring him a few rabbits back ?

atvb mark

• Like 1

Thought i had it sussed last year.work in norway til 1st december then not go back to work til march.but i f****d it up.blew most of my money over there and had to go back to work in feb,working 13 hour days most day.just to tired yo get the fogs out.jacked that in 3 weeks ago.to late for this season but i won't make the same mistakes this year.got another job 7-3 monday to friday.much better.

• Like 1

I never understood the concept of work, you give up your life to get the money to enjoy the things you're told you need to enjoy your life, it's all a massive con.

I refuse to conform then, I refused to conform now, hunting is to important to miss, you don't get a second chance .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

i Wish I was as lucky to pick and choose when I work and work around my leisure? work is first for me as I’m not in a position to turn it down. The dogs still get out in the season and I’m passionate about it them. I’m not passionate about my job but needs must and won’t shy away from it. I don’t understand why you’d even want to question someone’s heart in the game. Half the lads in this game who hunt 4, 5 days a week don’t have their heart in the game, it’s mostly ego and money. Whereas the man who works all week so he can get out and enjoy the country with there dogs on a weekend, their heart is in the game.

• Like 4

Not questioning that mate but for some there’s always a work excuse  why they can’t get out despite having decent dogs and all the gear .I used to work for a company that installed phone towers all over the country but the hours were stupid ,still got out but not enough for me,so I decided to go out on my own and have done for the past 30 years .

Now employ a few lads and I choose when I want to work not the coffer pot .

My point is if your 100% in the game you structure your life around it not the hunting around work but just my opinion mind .

Certain things can’t be avoided but in the main it’s hunting in one form or another for  me .

• Like 2
7 hours ago, rob284 said:

i Wish I was as lucky to pick and choose when I work and work around my leisure? work is first for me as I’m not in a position to turn it down. The dogs still get out in the season and I’m passionate about it them. I’m not passionate about my job but needs must and won’t shy away from it. I don’t understand why you’d even want to question someone’s heart in the game. Half the lads in this game who hunt 4, 5 days a week don’t have their heart in the game, it’s mostly ego and money. Whereas the man who works all week so he can get out and enjoy the country with there dogs on a weekend, their heart is in the game.

I’m with you rob ?

• Like 1