Getting time to work the dogs with work/other commitments

What type jobs do you boys work that allows good time off to work your dogs hard week in week out, or how many days a week are lads actually going out and doing a bit during the season, i myself amnt working at the moment and was out at some type of hunting 5/6 days a week over the Christmas last season, but will be looking into probably going back and sorting myself with a trade or something where a whole pile of education isnt needed?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if work gets in the way ,your heart really ain’t in it .Ive structured my life around hunting not the other way .

used to be a greenkeeper before the ban came about....take the dogs to work with me everyday.....best days of my life?then went around contracting as a subbie ,good coin but would be away for weeks so

I never understood the concept of work, you give up your life to get the money to enjoy the things you're told you need to enjoy your life, it's all a massive con. I refuse to conform then, I ref

5 minutes ago, Shovel shy said:

Just get in watered down AC breed stuff and sell the pups for 800/1000 euros a pup.wont need to work then.

Id rather eat stones than breed pups for profit, regardless of who or what names are behind them theres enough of lads at it...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
Just now, Mooching Celt said:

4 on 4 off shifts, effectively only work 6 months a year less if you allow for holidays. Best advantage is the ability to get out more midweek when all the window lickers are at work

Thinking of something similar myself,  an you be workingnights and weekends with that?

4 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

What type jobs do you boys work that allows good time off to work your dogs hard week in week out, or how many days a week are lads actually going out and doing a bit during the season, i myself amnt working at the moment and was out at some type of hunting 5/6 days a week over the Christmas last season, but will be looking into probably going back and sorting myself with a trade or something where a whole pile of education isnt needed?

A couple of days a week out with the dogs during the season is enough for me, anymore and I wouldn’t get anything done and I wouldn’t have enough dogs ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I do farm work mate an have an understanding boss who lets me pick me hours as long as the jobs I have get done, so get to do as I please an if also helps me boss owns an has a lot a friends who also own farms an land all Over the dales?

Best of both worlds so, last thing i want is a job with so many hours that i might aswell shelve the dogs 

I'm a butcher by trade but with wages so low at the minute and having to work every Saturday it wasn't adding up so I started window cleaning Monday to Friday work like a mad man now over the summer gives me plenty then when winter comes any days I get rained off are hunting days so should average 3 days over the season

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

Gardai are recruiting here in ireland at the moment 6 days on 4 days off lots of holidays.... caught at anything your not meant to be at though you would be f****d

That's what the batons for,beat your problems  away lol (knowing ireland,file would get lost)

2 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

Gardai are recruiting here in ireland at the moment 6 days on 4 days off lots of holidays.... caught at anything your not meant to be at though you would be f****d

Rather pick stones

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Mooching Celt said:

4 on 4 off shifts, effectively only work 6 months a year less if you allow for holidays. Best advantage is the ability to get out more midweek when all the window lickers are at work

Same here i didnt want to change but i think its a great system now , As on month you work every weekend next month your off every weekend , And holidays take 4 days off you actually got 12 days off its great 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The one said:

Same here i didnt want to change but i think its a great system now , As on month you work every weekend next month your off every weekend , And holidays take 4 days off you actually got 12 days off its great 

I done shift work 4 days on 3 off.then 3 on 4off.all 12 hour shifts. Door work now suits me.3/4 nights a week.plenty time for hunting

• Like 1