On 21 April 2019 at 11:04, two crows said:

not a peep from anywhere mate, little black and tan bitch looked like a pure, and it was on the fen behind my house so somebody had her away no doubt.

Even worse when they go out ya own yard from a locked kennel worse still when yas know a buddy had some part in the theft atb bill

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good post benny, I hate these kind of threads because any practical answer always comes across negative, the bitch the chap wants to breed from may be a good honest bitch, and crossing her to a coursi

Good studs are hard to come bye . You need to know if he's already a producer . How strong his lineage goes back out of proven dogs.  The traits he throws , and if they suit your bitches style . Then

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I don't mean any disrespect but without seeing any prospective studs actually run a few times or vice or versa how do you know you will end up with what you want or need in a pup 

it don't matter about that sort of thing once minds are made up.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I don't mean any disrespect but without seeing any prospective studs actually run a few times or vice or versa how do you know you will end up with what you want or need in a pup 

In fairness.  The lines on both parents are so strong . It's a strong possibility they will throw the way they should . Don't believe any non ped whippet in there like was mentioned by the poster tho.its all a lottery . Seen some real good dogs run . But they never throw a pup . Best from tried and tested line Imho

19 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I asked for a saluki whipgrey type of dog and there it is not saying it’s the one but it’s the first dog I’ve had offered of that type yet 

1 hour ago, bendrover said:

In fairness.  The lines on both parents are so strong . It's a strong possibility they will throw the way they should . Don't believe any non ped whippet in there like was mentioned by the poster tho.its all a lottery . Seen some real good dogs run . But they never throw a pup . Best from tried and tested line Imho

Still not guaranteed to be woth a carrot tho 

Show me a guarantee regarding breeding ????? All you can do is give yourself the best odds . Hence a proven stud . Go to a great runner that has poor lineage.  Most likely can't reproduce himself . It's hard enough breeding a litter , at least give yourself better bet .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bendrover said:

Show me a guarantee regarding breeding ????? All you can do is give yourself the best odds . Hence a proven stud . Go to a great runner that has poor lineage.  Most likely can't reproduce himself . It's hard enough breeding a litter , at least give yourself better bet .

Your right was just being devil's advocate 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bendrover said:

I wont name names, but your right benny I can think of one or two highly rated dogs that were well used studs, that produced nothing because the coursing blood was to thin,

I wasn't trying to bring the lad down or his thread but me personally if I had a dog at stud I would want to see the bitch run a few times likewise with a bitch a stud run  as you say Ben it's a lottery but even then a bit of research and accepting what you have or need as to be taken in to consideration no good having a decent prospects or blood line if you haven't got the graft for them or the know how with that blood how they run or work 

It's everyone's right to use whatever stud they like mate . But what are they creating . Sometimes the bitches lineage is so strong she can be very dominant in the pups . Far more knowledgeable lads than me have made a pigs ear of it with both stud and dam looking great on paper . But if a stud dog is producing to a variety of bitches . Mg money is on him

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I wasn't trying to bring the lad down or his thread but me personally if I had a dog at stud I would want to see the bitch run a few times likewise with a bitch a stud run  as you say Ben it's a lottery but even then a bit of research and accepting what you have or need as to be taken in to consideration no good having a decent prospects or blood line if you haven't got the graft for them or the know how with that blood how they run or work 

Imo . Certain lines throw certain traits . Some drill the life out old puss . Some boxy . In today's environment,  a friend can arrange a day out , ask for permission to video the stud and relay it back . Then delete . You have an idea what your getting even before you see a few clips . Confirm it and get it done if your happy 

Edited by bendrover
On 25/04/2019 at 22:30, bendrover said:

Imo . Certain lines throw certain traits . Some drill the life out old puss . Some boxy . In today's environment,  a friend can arrange a day out , ask for permission to video the stud and relay it back . Then delete . You have an idea what your getting even before you see a few clips . Confirm it and get it done if your happy 

Ben I don't mean to sound pedantic but a dog could have a bad day or a very good day of ones days filming  that's not saying is the bitch worthy of such a stud as we know it's a lottery breeding and were the excess pups going but a lot of lining are done out of sentiment rather than thinking about the field 

Edited by Blackmag
8 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Ben I don't mean to sound pedantic but a dog could have a bad day or a very good day of ones days filming  that's not saying is the bitch worthy of such a stud as we know it's a lottery breeding and were the excess pups going but a lot of lining are done out of sentiment rather than thinking about the field 

i think I said something similar before, to many folk taking bitches  that are not good enough to top studs, just because they have it, and its a way of getting a few quid, I have a cocker bitch in pup now, and the dog I have used I have watched working from being a pup, same with the last one, you cant beat seeing them over a period of time, I would still use a good well bred coursing dog with a good depth of breading though, as apposed to say an f1 sal grey, irrespective of how good the f1 was.