• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good post benny, I hate these kind of threads because any practical answer always comes across negative, the bitch the chap wants to breed from may be a good honest bitch, and crossing her to a coursi

Good studs are hard to come bye . You need to know if he's already a producer . How strong his lineage goes back out of proven dogs.  The traits he throws , and if they suit your bitches style . Then

Posted Images

On 08/04/2019 at 22:12, rabbit tourmentor said:

After a coursing bred dog with a nice bit of whippet in it  for my beddywhipsaluki bitch will have to be a sensible dog anyone 

There’s prob a few out there. What sort of height are you looking for? Might narrow it down a bit. 

Think your limiting your self by having to have a good dose of whippet in it , there are plenty of decent 23/24 TTS saluki greys out there who run field and fen with cracking coats and feet who would kill stuff in the day on small fields just as well as if they had a lot of whippet in them ,if not better , 

youll find plenty more line bred saluki greys greys up for stud out there than saluki grey whippets , 

• Like 1
On 10/04/2019 at 14:15, rabbit tourmentor said:

Nice dog mate just don’t think that’s not quite what I’m after basically I’d like a daytime dog to go over her Most of what I do is lamping but I would like to a play in the daytime as well if that makes any sense a sensible saluki whippet greyhound dog is what I’m after if there’s such thing ? I don’t want a dog what runs of in difficult places and won’t come back when it sees the moter 

I'd b sorting her recal befor getting her lined ?

not being funny but don't matter were I work my dogs I want them back when they finished a run etc .

Good studs are hard to come bye . You need to know if he's already a producer . How strong his lineage goes back out of proven dogs.  The traits he throws , and if they suit your bitches style . Then most importantly ask yourself is the bitch truly worthy of breeding,  would all pups be placed in good homes . Would you be better getting a well bred pup out of more tested stock etc . If the decision is still to breed yourself.  Then find the best suited stud pays your money.  Travel to Timbuktu if needed and cross your fingers . You need a helluva lot of luck. If they don't click there's absolutely nothing you can do about it .atb  drover

Edited by bendrover
  • Like 4
38 minutes ago, bendrover said:

Good studs are hard to come bye . You need to know if he's already a producer . How strong his lineage goes back out of proven dogs.  The traits he throws , and if they suit your bitches style . Then most importantly ask yourself is the bitch truly worthy of breeding,  would all pups be placed in good homes . Would you be better getting a well bred pup out of more tested stock etc . If the decision is still to breed yourself.  Then find the best suited stud pays your money.  Travel to Timbuktu if needed and cross your fingers . You need a helluva lot of luck. If they don't click there's absolutely nothing you can do about it .atb  drover

good post benny, I hate these kind of threads because any practical answer always comes across negative, the bitch the chap wants to breed from may be a good honest bitch, and crossing her to a coursing dog who is a proven producer may produce what he wants, if what he wants is a better more well rounded lurcher, but if what he rely wants is a coursing dog then he should buy one, what people often mistakenly think in my view any way, is that by crossing to a certain type it will iron out faults the bitch has, it wont, if a bitch lacks what you want don't use it, buy in.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, two crows said:

good post benny, I hate these kind of threads because any practical answer always comes across negative, the bitch the chap wants to breed from may be a good honest bitch, and crossing her to a coursing dog who is a proven producer may produce what he wants, if what he wants is a better more well rounded lurcher, but if what he rely wants is a coursing dog then he should buy one, what people often mistakenly think in my view any way, is that by crossing to a certain type it will iron out faults the bitch has, it wont, if a bitch lacks what you want don't use it, buy in.

Breeding to weakness instead of strength. You are right alot of folk do it

7 hours ago, C.green said:

Breeding to weakness instead of strength. You are right alot of folk do it

most litters are bred for either money or sentiment, and owners of top proven studs should be more picky about what there dogs go to.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Thers  plenty good bitches ruined buy infearior studs and luck payes on the bigest part will to two nit together a game bitch is worth more than any dog 

Totally agree.  The litter I bred  years back . I had 3 in mind . I sent messages to two of the owners . One owner asked a dozen questions about my bitch . The other owner sent back a simple message..." £1000" . Both extremely well bred . Great blood behind them . But I liked the sharp breeding behind dancers line and the fact the owner wanted to protect the studs reputation.  I know he has turned numerous bitches away since . Says a lot . But most don't care and the £££s rule

• Like 2