• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good post benny, I hate these kind of threads because any practical answer always comes across negative, the bitch the chap wants to breed from may be a good honest bitch, and crossing her to a coursi

Good studs are hard to come bye . You need to know if he's already a producer . How strong his lineage goes back out of proven dogs.  The traits he throws , and if they suit your bitches style . Then

Posted Images

She’s bedywhippet x salukix 5 year old now spot on lamping and mooching good feet and very steady bitch at 23 half TTS but she’s not a daytime bitch I would like a steady daytime dog to go over her so I can a can keep a pup and the land I run isn’t massive so something with a it of whippet would be handy for that extra gear if you no what I mean 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jcm said:

He's not a coursing dog by any means but maybe something your interested in. 

Saluki collie grey x beddy whippet. 21tts 8 years old and done a lot of work. IMG_20190224_120000.jpg.ff5bbbbdfcc220c191cd09ba78494e1e.jpg

Nice dog mate just don’t think that’s not quite what I’m after basically I’d like a daytime dog to go over her Most of what I do is lamping but I would like to a play in the daytime as well if that makes any sense a sensible saluki whippet greyhound dog is what I’m after if there’s such thing ? I don’t want a dog what runs of in difficult places and won’t come back when it sees the moter 

Edited by rabbit tourmentor

surely the dog running off etc would be down to you, if I had a bitch of that breeding that was good enough to breed from, and the land I ran was not big land, I would use a grew because wind wont be an issue, I would allways ask myself this, does my bitch poses everything I require, if the answer is no don't breed buy in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, two crows said:

surely the dog running off etc would be down to you, if I had a bitch of that breeding that was good enough to breed from, and the land I ran was not big land, I would use a grew because wind wont be an issue, I would allways ask myself this, does my bitch poses everything I require, if the answer is no don't breed buy in.

That's why I wouldn't breed off any of mine and I'm not fussy 

2 hours ago, two crows said:

Can’t see a grew having very good feet ? I could buy a bitch but like the idea of breeding my own I know what your saying you would rather breed to dogs retrieving hares together  but I think she will produce well she’s not rubbish otherwise I wouldn’t even dream of breeding her 

l

Just now, rabbit tourmentor said:

Can’t see a grew having very good feet ? I could buy a bitch but like the idea of breeding my own I know what your saying you would rather breed two dogs retrieving hares well  but I think she will produce well she’s not rubbish otherwise I wouldn’t even dream of breeding her 

l

He is here if you want to use him mate he’s 8yrs old now but his back has gave he grief off his hunting accident.some dickhead left a teathring spike in the middle of a field and he ran into it after a rabbit,knocked 3 joints out in his back,trapped a nerve,knocked his hip out and stretched the tendon in his back left leg hence why he is retired now.20 tts and was a cracking dog until this.he is buddy whippetxmerle collie greyhound on both side.this is his sire and dam the bottom 2 pics

6936D60C-9883-499D-B62A-A9AA425518BC.jpeg

8F242789-3345-478C-B1B5-BA6FBEB2E67D.jpeg

61D1A99C-5730-46B0-807C-BEC9A3DCD6F1.png

1BB5BC92-A283-4238-ABB0-EB74B00F35F0.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, rabbit tourmentor said:

Can’t see a grew having very good feet ? I could buy a bitch but like the idea of breeding my own I know what your saying you would rather breed to dogs retrieving hares together  but I think she will produce well she’s not rubbish otherwise I wouldn’t even dream of breeding her 

l

grews often have good feet, and I quite like the combination of lurcher cross coursing dog, but we must ensure that the parents are rely good enough, and we are not trying to get over faults in the bitch, if you think you need a coursing dog buy one, I am not being negative here but we all rely do need to think properly before breeding.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, rabbit tourmentor said:

Nice dog mate just don’t think that’s not quite what I’m after basically I’d like a daytime dog to go over her Most of what I do is lamping but I would like to a play in the daytime as well if that makes any sense a sensible saluki whippet greyhound dog is what I’m after if there’s such thing ? I don’t want a dog what runs of in difficult places and won’t come back when it sees the moter 

In his youth he Could catch a few daytime, all fields tho no fen 

• Like 2