Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I jus learning about des terrier and I came across hunt terriers or jadg terrier. Are Dey as good as patterdales?

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Better.Even better still are Plummers

Leave the poor plummers out of it ffs😁  

 

stick to ye jagds ornblack dogs mate, plummer far too clever for ye😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Stupid sh1t stirring thread. I've worked both out and out digging dogs and bushing terriers. I admire the heart in the digging dog but had just as much fun knocking out cover with the bushers and some of them were top notch. They are completely different dogs with different uses. A bushing dog is useless at digging in the same way a good digging dog is useless at bushing. Ya can enjoy a day out with either depends what your into. A dog doesn't have to be brain dead hard black to enjoy your day out.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, jiggy said:

Stupid sh1t stirring thread. I've worked both out and out digging dogs and bushing terriers. I admire the heart in the digging dog but had just as much fun knocking out cover with the bushers and some of them were top notch. They are completely different dogs with different uses. A bushing dog is useless at digging in the same way a good digging dog is useless at bushing. Ya can enjoy a day out with either depends what your into. A dog doesn't have to be brain dead hard black to enjoy your day out.

I dnt see how it’s starten sh1t. I ask cuz I aint no. Y’all sum retarted on dis page. Can’t even learn from y’all cuz y’all too busy bein dicks. Sumone tol me these hunt terriers were better den da patterdales. Data why I asked the question. But thnx 4 da part of your answer dat was helpful.

Edited by Dugum

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, jiggy said:

Stupid sh1t stirring thread. I've worked both out and out digging dogs and bushing terriers. I admire the heart in the digging dog but had just as much fun knocking out cover with the bushers and some of them were top notch. They are completely different dogs with different uses. A bushing dog is useless at digging in the same way a good digging dog is useless at bushing. Ya can enjoy a day out with either depends what your into. A dog doesn't have to be brain dead hard black to enjoy your day out.

Why is a digging dog useless at bushing?As long as you know where all the earths are in an area an earth dog can work cover.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Dugum said:

I dnt see how it’s starten sh1t. I ask cuz I aint no. Y’all sum retarted on dis page. Can’t even learn from y’all cuz y’all too busy bein dicks. Sumone tol me these hunt terriers were better den da patterdales. Data why I asked the question. But thnx 4 da part of your answer dat was helpful.

Why don't you just buy 1 of these jigsaw's.

It will keep you busy for a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

20190409_093038.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, downsouth said:

Why is a digging dog useless at bushing?As long as you know where all the earths are in an area an earth dog can work cover.

Could you call your digging dog off if a fox gets up in front of them? Genuine question because I certainly couldn’t do it with mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Could you call your digging dog off if a fox gets up in front of them? Genuine question because I certainly couldn’t do it with mine. 

No but they wouldnt follow it too far before they lost it.Theyre not hounds after all.And al my terriers have always been reasonably obedient and would come back eventually if on ground they Knew.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/04/2019 at 10:03, downsouth said:

No but they wouldnt follow it too far before they lost it.Theyre not hounds after all.And al my terriers have always been reasonably obedient and would come back eventually if on ground they Knew.

That depends on the terrier and how Good it's nose is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/04/2019 at 09:00, downsouth said:

Why is a digging dog useless at bushing?As long as you know where all the earths are in an area an earth dog can work cover.

I'd have to agree with that if a terrier can't work cover he'll have a hard time finding underground in the dark. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

I'd have to agree with that if a terrier can't work cover he'll have a hard time finding underground in the dark. 

Garbage

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

I'd have to agree with that if a terrier can't work cover he'll have a hard time finding underground in the dark. 

My terriers will work cover but they are looking for earths. Lol. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rat face
      Looking to get a new screw together spade done for this season, just looking for ideas how to connect the two, iv got a lad waiting to do the work just need to get the bits for him. 
      I know it’s never gonna be as strong as a solid spade but seen as I’m paying for the work been done I want it as good as possible any ideas would be great and any pics to show the lad would be even better thanks 
      thanks 
      adam
    • By Barrie
      For those not already aware, Alison Johnstone MSP (Scottish Green Party) has tabled a Private Member’s Bill, which if approved would have a severe, negative impact on all forms of hunting with dogs (including terrierwork). It is presently out for public consultation and that consultation period ends on 15th September 2019, which is less than a month away. It’s essential that you and as many other likeminded individuals as possible respond before that date.
      Before responding you are advised to read the comments and notes of guidance provided by the Scottish Countryside Alliance and/or Scottish Association of Country Sports. These can be found at: https://www.countryside-alliance.org/getattachment/cd8b72ad-d577-4523-bbcb-5b19a6e89461/Alison-Johnstone-Consultation-Countryside-Alliance-Response_.pdf?lang=en-GB and   https://www.sacs.org.uk/media/uploads/cat-252/banning-fox-and-hare-control-in-scotland-sacs-consultation-guidance-for-members.pdf
      The survey is also available online and can be completed at: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/WildMammals/
      Be sure to complete the survey in full, including names and addresses. And no matter how frustrating, or ridiculous you may find some of the proposals, please remember “courtesy at all times”. There's no extra points for belligerence, or rudeness, the purpose of the exercise is to improve awareness, NOT to make any more enemies than we already have.
      Kindest Regards - Barrie
    • By Shefflad69
      Hi everybody looking for a terrier pup for general bushing and mooching been offered a patterdale pup for 125 quid would it be with it or am I just buying into trouble guy seems genuine 
×