• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this in a petrol station the other week ?

think he was lucky to get 3.5k.......looks shite if I'm  honest.....I actualy thought the first pic of it was just an internet joke.....gob smaked its real

The ole sierra,ffs you could nt pay me to sleep in that.living in a confined fibre glass box for a week,wheeling a barrel full of shit up to the waste tank everday,and playing badminton with jennifer

Posted Images

I've spent years dragging a caravan around the country muckshifting.

Even had a tow hitch on my xr3i convertible.

The best thing I've found is no matter where you go it obviously feels strange in a new place especially.on your own.

Is once you drop the legs and walk into the van and close the door.

You feel at home.

As lads have said dido spend about 1500 and you will be good to go.

If you do like caravaning then the van you buy will do for a good few years.

Bigger the better.get a twin axle.

More room for the kids to have there own space etc.

And you ain't all squeezing past each other constantly.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, sid g said:

Calling that caravan freedom.

Is taking the piss.

Should be called.

Confined. 

The only freedom you will get is walking out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not thought of a converting an old van into a camper yourself? You can pick up old lwb sprinters for under 3k.....just looked on eBay and found this for £2.5k as an example but he is open to offers so he would probably take 2 grand off eBay lol 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mercedes-sprinter-van-312-d-312d-lwb-diesel-camper-campervan/254188406899?hash=item3b2ecf4873:g:XRUAAOSwxllbDo1x

strip it all down inside, clean it, get it fully serviced by someone you trust and search sites like gumtree for free ply wood to re line it, and then look for “free caravan” on there and stuff like this will always come up as people scrap caravans all the time for the metal or certain parts but have to get rid of the kitchens, bathrooms, beds, cupboards etc so always good stuff knocking about for free

https://www.gumtree.com/p/freebies/caravan-furniture-and-fittings-free-/1335429637

get an auto electrican in to wire up your lights and sockets, carpet line it then add all the bits you want as you find them, rock n rolla double bed and you’ve soon turned your money and time into something you can keep and use or sell for a tidy profit after! I’d say for 4 grand you could build something that would double your money easily simply because it’s got a Mercedes badge on it and it’s ready to go straight out in, sell it at the right time in the summer when all the festivals and nice weather is here and you will make an extra couple of grand lol 

like this......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-MERCEDES-SPRINTER-CAMPER-VAN-LWB-2-BERTH-TOILET-SHOWER-FULL-KITCHEN/113709489995?hash=item1a799d1f4b:g:FecAAOSwOmtcp8YE

I bet that cost no more than 5 grand to buy and build and he wants 12 grand for it! 

Better than buying some old caravan imo, and getting a towbar fitted, passing a towing test, learning how to drive with it plus it’s a good project to keep you busy in your spare time and there is unlimited videos and articles online on how to do it! Also a nice big mercedes with a decent sound system is a million more times fun to drive on the motorway than towing a caravan so it’s win win! ?

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

My parents had 2 vw split screen campervans when we were kids.we went all over cornwall and i remember alot of it.as kids we loved it and have lots of memorys surely a caravan is money well spent for your kids memorys.

Nearly getting blowing off a Welsh cliff ,then being stuck in the car from Cardiff to Dorset via Gloucester as the m48 was shut due to freak summer storm,listening to my dad snoring all night and then waking up at 5 am  due to a fecking seagull on the roof ,yeah great times ?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Seen this in a petrol station the other week ?

a111.jpg

I knew I’d seen that before somewhere so searched online and sure enough it was for sale on gumtree last year in Doncaster lol whereabouts did you see it out of interest? 

8D483668-9C64-433C-BFC2-1693D5A7719E.png.0a01e29bbb312dedd4a7aba093cec290.png

Edited by Stoney100
3 hours ago, ginger beard said:

My parents had 2 vw split screen campervans when we were kids.we went all over cornwall and i remember alot of it.as kids we loved it and have lots of memorys surely a caravan is money well spent for your kids memorys.

they still got them vans? worth 40 k each these days?