Iv decided that UK based adventures are much better for the kids. Plus me and the Mrs like our nights/weekends away (we are lucky to have family who want to babysit) so we are putting off getting a dog. SO...we have decided a caravan is the answer! We can get a dog and still shoot off for nights and weekends. 

This year I have loads of plans for the house so don't want to spunk thousands on a caravan. Plus I'll need to get a tow bar etc so it all adds up. I often have fads and get bored, so the plan is to buy a cheap caravan. Me the Mrs and one youngster. If we enjoy it then perhaps we can look at a nice one in future. 

What should I be looking for and how cheap can I make it this first year or so ? 

Edited by DIDO.1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this in a petrol station the other week ?

think he was lucky to get 3.5k.......looks shite if I'm  honest.....I actualy thought the first pic of it was just an internet joke.....gob smaked its real

The ole sierra,ffs you could nt pay me to sleep in that.living in a confined fibre glass box for a week,wheeling a barrel full of shit up to the waste tank everday,and playing badminton with jennifer

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Get a wee caravan an a big awning pal, go away with the pure necessity an figure out what ye really need from there?

That's the plan I think 

15 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

1735232264_Screenshot_20190407-202646_SamsungInternet.jpg.a3ef651f325f50215373477fa462ebef.jpg

something like this to get you started.....if you like it then spend a bit more on your next one?

Looks a fairly big one that. Was hoping to pay under a grand first year. Not being a tight cnut just thinking a little mandys munch box type thing ?

Edited by DIDO.1
12 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

How good your sense of smell, worse things damp, go in smell feel the floor an walls for sponginess ,check inside cupboards,  under seats etc had box outside,check round windows signs of damp .

Yeah been told that. Was told to get a moisture meter. Was thinking as long as it smells OK it will be OK for a year? 

5 years a go I was speaking to a bloke down our street he was  cleaning his caravan we got talking he told me he had just ordered a new one and was trading the one he was cleaning for £500 I sed I’d give him £550 ( it was a swift something 4 birth shower awning etc 1997 I think ) 

any way I walked back home sed to wife we need a tow bar , she sed why told her I have just bought the caravan from down street she did not believe me ha 

had it 2 years used it most weekends in summer and sold it for £600 ! Some fun times in it , I will be looking for another one soon I think 

• Like 3