Pigeon cartridges

I use gamebore clear pigeon, 32g 6’s fibre wad, if they are good enough for Andy Crow they are good enough for me ?

P.S. I noticed that they put the price up when they put his mug on the box, cheeky buggers ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I use gamebore clear pigeon, 32g 6’s fibre wad, if they are good enough for Andy Crow they are good enough for me ?

P.S. I noticed that they put the price up when they put his mug on the box, cheeky buggers ?

There the ones I was going to try seen him shooting with them on YouTube they’ll be more than good enough for me ?

theyll of put the price up so we pay for his freebies ? 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Fellman Mark said:

There the ones I was going to try seen him shooting with them on YouTube they’ll be more than good enough for me ?

theyll of put the price up so we pay for his freebies ? 

Your not wrong, I bet he’s never paid for a cartridge for years and all his jack pike clothes, they are good and not badly priced, compared to the likes of hull and eley,   gamebore do some other 30/32’s 6’s high velocity and if you come across them don’t bother, I got some for the pigeons and everything I hit carried on for about 800 yards before falling out the sky, they seemed to be that fast that the shot was going straight through them, my poor mate was knackered when I kept sending him running down the field to pick them up to add to the pattern ?

• Like 1

I'm with Stavros, Clear Pigeon are excellent and hard hitting which is the main thing you need with pigeon. They can be a very tough bird as mentioned above. There are tales of pellets bouncing off them on the roost when the feathers are packed tightly down on cold days. Note: Hull also make a fast pigeon round that's very good.  The name escapes me.

Basically, go for the pigeon standard of 30-32g No:6 in a fast cartridge (1,400fps +)and you won't go far wrong.

• Like 1

I know I’m taking this a little off track and I apologise for that, but if anyone can answer this for me I would appreciate it 

as ive said I use 32g 6’s gamebore clear pigeon and these are around 1400 mv now I’ve used the gamebore 30g 6’s high velocity with an mv of 1390 so on paper they look to be almost the same cartridge ( HV’s a little lighter ) with the same energy and the same FPS but using the HV’s a lot of the birds flew on a good way before dropping, why would this be ( was it just my shooting) and why would they say they were high velocity when there’s no major difference in energy ?

6 hours ago, Stavross said:

I know I’m taking this a little off track and I apologise for that, but if anyone can answer this for me I would appreciate it 

as ive said I use 32g 6’s gamebore clear pigeon and these are around 1400 mv now I’ve used the gamebore 30g 6’s high velocity with an mv of 1390 so on paper they look to be almost the same cartridge ( HV’s a little lighter ) with the same energy and the same FPS but using the HV’s a lot of the birds flew on a good way before dropping, why would this be ( was it just my shooting) and why would they say they were high velocity when there’s no major difference in energy ?

I doubt it's down to velocity given the small difference . Lower velocity will mean less energy down range but 10 fps is nothing. Might be down to the hardness of the shot or maybe the patterning. 

Edited by Alsone
24 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Or a bit more leed hit em in the head  lol 

atb 

I am hitting them just fine thanks was just looking to change carts as where I normally get my carts said gamebore are changing there pure golds and the price is going up just bought 2x slabs of clear pigeon to try ?