Blue eye

7 minutes ago, terryd said:

Was gifted an old blue eye today. Was over the moon bringing back me youth when I had one it was my pride and joy back then.

any way short lived looks like bulb gone ?

81964D1E-B806-4478-BF10-26CA33CF49D6.jpeg.819f25229f9140b51f34dfa3d5afca56.jpeg

brings back memories. I had one same late eighties. thing is I don't look a day older ??

• Haha 1

Yea it was great back then. I remember it being a big step up from the old halogen halfords jobby and my little spotlight with a door bell switch on. It gave me the range I needed I get on the mountains after the hares. Gutted the bulb has gone. Sealed unit as well. I did google it and found a few but not the the blue eye.

Saying that just found one in america :(

https://www.12voltsplus.com/bb-2000-optronics-blueeye-replacement-bulb-for-hb-2002#.XKntyVVKjIV

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

Went from blue eye to Coleman's 750,000 both good lamps at the time .Coleman's u could virtually fix in the field .remember the blue eye lamp going on me as a fox was flying into the call .lol.still have a Coleman's now .hanging in shed.

On 07/04/2019 at 13:32, terryd said:

Yea it was great back then. I remember it being a big step up from the old halogen halfords jobby and my little spotlight with a door bell switch on. It gave me the range I needed I get on the mountains after the hares. Gutted the bulb has gone. Sealed unit as well. I did google it and found a few but not the the blue eye.

Saying that just found one in america :(

https://www.12voltsplus.com/bb-2000-optronics-blueeye-replacement-bulb-for-hb-2002#.XKntyVVKjIV

Which was more shameful? Using that or lamping hares. I would of changed the dog.?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, terryd said:

There was no shame in that dog jiggy he was a cracker

Only joking bud. My dog wouldn't catch one dark or bright, he'd get dusted. Cobby first cross Wheaton but he loves foxes. I remember the first Coleman lights. They were blue metal boxes and hummed when charging and stunk of battery acid. Burnt holes in many a mans shirt. How we never got skin cancer surprises me.

1 minute ago, jiggy said:

Only joking bud. My dog wouldn't catch one dark or bright, he'd get dusted. Cobby first cross Wheaton but he loves foxes. I remember the first Coleman lights. They were blue metal boxes and hummed when charging and stunk of battery acid. Burnt holes in many a mans shirt. How we never got skin cancer surprises me.

That's a good point there was no mistaking that smell and you sort of got used to the burning tingle lol

• Like 1