Bear hunting in Romania

I post this for a friend of mine, an experienced hunter and outfitter from Romania who asked me to help him with one announcement about a last minute offer for a bear hunting.

As some of you already know, bear hunting in Romania was stopped a few years ago and a combination of government incompetence and "green" NGO lobby is preventing us from reopening the bear hunting as it was before EU integration. This is happening despite the fact that they are doing great damage to the farmers and they are even killing and hurting peoples.

In some special occasions (like too much damage done to the farmers), a hunting permit is issued for that bear. Anyway, the nature of such a permit is forcing the hunting organization that is managing the area to take a quick action and is often very difficult to obtain the proper value of that animal.

In this specific case, the bear is big and is estimated to be way bigger than 500 CIC points.

The price for the entire package is 10.000 Euro - fixed price, no matter how large the bear will be. 

This is including trophy fee & 

• 4 days guided hunting 1:1
  • 5 days accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License
  • Assistance throughout the hunting
  • Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
  • Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
  • All transport in the hunting district

The normal price for a bear of 500 CIC points is ~15000E but this offer is valid only until 16 April 2019.

For more details about the offer, call the outfitter directly:  +40 753 098 098 Mr. Adrian Matei 

His site gallery could be consulted here: https://huntinromania.com/galleries/brown-bear/

brown-bear9.jpg 

brown-bear10.jpg

@ForumAdministrators If this post is somehow against the policy of this forum, please delete it. I'm not here for marketing. 

On 11/04/2019 at 17:02, Ted Newgent said:

How did the bear get through that high fence?

A bear has no problem with any kind of fences. They are very good climbers. (many car accidents due to that, they are able to climb the fences that are used to block other animals from crossing the roads in some areas)

• Like 1
On 13/04/2019 at 10:16, foxdropper said:

Looks like he got over it Ted .

Lot of money to shoot a bear plus flights .

I agree and I don't like this either. 

It was a time when regular people just hunted bears during driven hunts with no exceptional cost added. Then, the foreign hunters interest increased the price way over the budget of an average hunter. Now, with this ridiculous small number of licenses allowed, the pressure is even bigger. My hunting club has a license now and that was sold for 4000+Euros (to a member!)

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

fck me 8500 quid for a bear hunt plus flights

my mate here in sask charges 2600 quid plus flights

How big is that bear?

This price is that high because of the size of the animal. For a reference, I'm adding a picture with a gold medal bear (~310 CIC points) and a friend of mine near him. My friend is taller than me, ~1.90m. 

IMG-20170831-WA0001.jpg.68cd0e3fe78fc62bf7f9cca9ca3e9110.jpg

Well the bear from this offer is over 500 CIC points! That is big!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

$22,500 to hunt a grizzly in Alaska,some bears topping 10 foot.

me mate who has the outfitting business did one a few years back

and is planning another next year to the tune of $25k

wish i had the spare cash lol i wouldnt be hunting no bears

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

me mate who has the outfitting business did one a few years back

and is planning another next year to the tune of $25k

wish i had the spare cash lol i wouldnt be hunting no bears

I think its worth it mate,i was going to say money cant buy that sort of experience,but it clearly can to the tune of $22,500,an Alaskan resident can do it for tag price.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mackem said:

I think its worth it mate,i was going to say money cant buy that sort of experience,but it clearly can to the tune of $22,500,an Alaskan resident can do it for tag price.

i have no interest in hunting bears at all

it doesnt attract me and yet there are 100's of them within 20mins of me

How much is the tag-price for a resident ted?Ontario is filled with black bear,quebec just across the river has some biggies,if I was a resident I would buy a tag every year.

• Like 1