Body grip triggers

Having a bit of mither with my body grip traps I’m setting them for rabbits but also setting them for squirrel after not getting anything for a while in either traps and finding 1 of the rabbit ones nocked over but not fired  I decide to try the trap making sure they were obviously working , I set the trap and put the trigger on second notch and got my self a piece of branch and pushed on the trigger like a rabbit running into it and the trap fell over and still didn’t fire , so I decided to try some the ones back at home and they are the same ther very stiff , In fact a rat was able to eat the bait off the trigger without setting it off , 

anywY of modifying them to get them a little more , shall we say “ sensitive “ 

I use mine in a square plywood tunnel for squirrels.

There's a slot cut out accommodate the spring when it fires. 

I use a wooden wedge to make sure the trap is secure and stable. This wedge is pushed down between the ply and the rivet that forms the hinge on the opposite side to the spring. This really locks the trap into place whilst still allowing it to fire normally.

You might be able to do a similar thing using stakes?

• Like 1

Type in  HOW TO SET A CONIBEAR 110 TRAP , Then look for  CONIBEAR SCHOOL , This will give you some ideas . A trap set for a Rabbit must not move either in the ground or on the top Rabbits are not daft like you ! they will refuse or jump over if there is any movement 

cannot make this picture out but I think its a body grip catch

bun043.jpg

On 06/04/2019 at 16:59, micky said:

Type in  HOW TO SET A CONIBEAR 110 TRAP , Then look for  CONIBEAR SCHOOL , This will give you some ideas . A trap set for a Rabbit must not move either in the ground or on the top Rabbits are not daft like you ! they will refuse or jump over if there is any movement 

cannot make this picture out but I think its a body grip catch

bun043.jpg

Micky you little snake charmer you , if you keep been this nice I’m going have get you a xmass present 

• Haha 1

• Rookie Hunter
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
This is what I use, if the ground is soft use a longer pin

<p>I use these tunnels around the pheasant feed hoppers , I remove the rivet from one side of the bodygrip and replace it with a 6mm x 70 mm approx;threaded rod , the rod gets pushed into the ground and holds the trap in position, the trap; door at the top of the tunnel is large enough to remove the trap including any caught squirrel or rat, works for me.JC</p>post-18485-0-90635300-1365894777.jpgpost-18485-0-65567400-1365894703.jpgpost-18485-0-30844000-1365894728.jpgpost-18485-0-20515500-1365894613.jpgpost-18485-0-16718100-1365894534.jpg

Edited by jc43
  • Like 1