grand national

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be expecting to see much , be prepared to be queuing up for ages and expect to see some tart dressed up falling about everywhere

Lake view lad   

I do see it as a mugs game but, we'll always have some small bets on the Grand National - it's been tradition since I was a kid

Posted Images

Great performance by Tiger Roll, but I'm the same as Max couldn't back him at the price with 40 runners even tho he won that cross country race at the Cheltenham festival that easy looked like he could go around again. 

One question for any horsey folk on here tho.... After the finishing line today there was several folk pouring buckets of water over Tiger to obviously cool him down after his excretions... I get that, but why doesn't the jockey get off him earlier to relieve him of 11 stone rather than waiting until he gets into the winners enclosure??? 

• Confused 1

I'd say was that price because he was pretty much guaranteed to win it really and if the bookies could of have put him at evens they would of but it's the national so they have to take a higher risk on it so that people will put a bet on it, for a horse of his quality and being a previous winner to be anything above evens is good value, as proved in the end.

On the water, the 2015 grand national winner "many clouds" died after a race at cheltenham and alot of people believe it was because he was overheating after hard runs so now they throw water on them to help them cool down quicker, and while i agree the jockey should get off, it is more of a precaution than anything so if the horse is all right they can stay on it and milk the crowd from up high lol

Edited by Stoney100

Is it my imagination or are the fences smaller these days ?....and if they are why,animal rights mobs i suppose.....i just dont remember so many horses still in the race in the later stages.

Ive not had a winner in 30 odd years.......my little 4 year old grandson pipes up with " i want the Tiger one "....gets a win with his first ever bet !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1