My outfiiting bear/deer guiding year 2019 ### pic heavy ####

mate called

going back down saturday to bait up and drag a hunting stand in.

he went down yesterday and all barrels had been hammered clean.all the snow has finally gone now

in the bush and he said its dried right up.

hopefully he stuck some cams up so i can post some pics up

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every year my mate donates one hunt to a kid with cancer so all costs are waived and paid for by BucketListLodge   here is last seasons kid with cancer with the buck he was lucky to sho

Just back after a really rough day due to wet sloppy snow all day   anyways i will start with pics of the new shop that is to be finished this summer. This is were the guides will eat n slee

Right here we go this should fun and interesting for me and hopefully you lot.   mate has an outfitting business called BucketListLodge and he just called me to start baiting/guidi

Posted Images

So 7am start to head to camp to get stuff loaded up. We had barrels of butchers scraps already in the truck.

loaded up the 6x6’s and trailer and raised hunting blind. Got a few buckets filled with the cooking oil.

first bait site is were we needed to set up the blind. The blind tipped over 3 times along the 5 mile trail. We got it in and set up as a client is due monday. He specified a 25 m distance from blind to bait for the bow.

So got that one sorted so off to another bait site and good 1/2 hr drive away.

same again meat scraps and cooking oil hauled in. This time we didnt drag in a blind as we fixed up a tree stand.

couple of nice big bears hitting the baits. Nice red boar and not bad black sow.

got back home 8pm

long day, we didnt stop, went really well without too much hassle.

13 hr day and only two stands done. Wait til we have to get 20 stands up and running

• Like 2

That red bear ted,is that what they call a colour-phase?That looks like a great job,most people would give their eye-teeth to work in the guiding industry,looking forward to seeing pics of the bears your clients harvest this season :thumbs:

• Like 3
11 hours ago, mackem said:

That red bear ted,is that what they call a colour-phase?That looks like a great job,most people would give their eye-teeth to work in the guiding industry,looking forward to seeing pics of the bears your clients harvest this season :thumbs:

i have no clue if its called a colour-phased bear,brown bear to me lol

pay is nowt,its for fun and to help my mate out,couple of beers and we always have a really good laugh.

it might be different next year if e have 20 clients

gets me out of the house and keep me out of trouble.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

Great photos Ted, that's a nice size bear! Here they call any black bear that isn't black a color phase Mackem.

Yes mate,i have seen an almost blond/ginger one stuffed in Quebec,they told me it was called a colour-phase.

• Like 1