My outfiiting bear/deer guiding year 2019 ### pic heavy ####

Right here we go

this should fun and interesting for me and hopefully you lot.

mate has an outfitting business called

BucketListLodge and he just called me to start baiting/guiding for spring bear this Saturday.

the bears are still in hibernation here and we have reports that there is still atleast a foot of snow in the bush.

we are heading out on snowmobiles with bait so when the bears awake they have a good supply of food.

season opens april 18th me thinks.

pretty excited about this but also fckn warey about the bears. Fingers crossed i dont get too many close encounters.

since i am guiding i will be able to carry a firearm but not exactly sure if its rifle or shotgun.

will start updating after the first outing this Saturday 

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 5

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every year my mate donates one hunt to a kid with cancer so all costs are waived and paid for by BucketListLodge   here is last seasons kid with cancer with the buck he was lucky to sho

Just back after a really rough day due to wet sloppy snow all day   anyways i will start with pics of the new shop that is to be finished this summer. This is were the guides will eat n slee

Right here we go this should fun and interesting for me and hopefully you lot.   mate has an outfitting business called BucketListLodge and he just called me to start baiting/guidi

Posted Images

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Is it bow first mate or rifle 

once season opens you can choose what you want to use

3 hours ago, Balaur said:

Sounds interesting let us know how it goes. Does it pay decent? What bait do you use?

My pay is zero for now apart from all food and as much beer as i can get down me.

bait consists of butchers scraps and used cooking oil.

will post pics of it when we bait tomoz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

You getting yourself a bear tag ted?

nope mate

i really dont have any interest in killing a bear,just not for me.

plenty round here do for the meat aswell as the pelts.

i have bought a bear tag,but that was for an excuse for me to carry a firearm legally in da bush,they are only $16

• Like 1

I reckon they will be out a couple of weeks early this year Ted with the mild spring we having, but its usually the smaller bears that emerge first. By the first week of May you should be seeing plenty, get a beaver strung up between 2 trees to rot mate, it's about the best attractant going, (and draws them in from miles away).  Bear spray is effective, easy to use quick, and easy to carry, just not as much fun as a backpacker shotty ? . Enjoy it mate, it can be hard work but it's good fun in the spring when there is f**k all to do but watch the snow melt...

Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 1

Just back after a really rough day due to wet sloppy snow all day

anyways i will start with pics of the new shop that is to be finished this summer. This is were the guides will eat n sleep, also there will be the facility to skin/butcher and a walk in railed cooler.

pic of the outside of the guest lodge which to be fair is really nice and well equipped. You can see more pics if you google him

CAE082C7-F66F-4343-AD94-E1F7BB3C65EB.jpeg

C0815972-C30E-45E8-ABF9-93F1F97E4BAF.jpeg

70B697BA-6D38-419A-BF6F-D5B18444B99B.jpeg

• Like 6

So we had 2 sleds loaded uo

three 45 gallon drums full of butchers scrap and couple of buckets of used cooking oil.

unloaded sleds and ripped into the bush to bait spot one.

i remember bating this stand last may and it took us over an hour on quads but the sleds got us in there in 20 mins.

we then ripped over to bait spot 2 which was a good 1/2hr with truck n trailer to get close. Again cause of the frozen snow took no time at all to get the bait down.

as you can see we still have plenty of snow still in da bush.

edit fckn limited out with my pic uploads

will post pics later/tomoz

7F6ECC40-2C29-49D8-8C06-790DED8131BA.jpeg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 3

If anyone on here wants to make a booking for either bear or whitetail deer

drop me a pm and i will send you the details. If anyone who reads this thread and books tell them you seen it here please.

fyi whitetail hunting you are not allowed to shoot anything less than a 150 “

• Like 1

Here is some pics of clients with the whitetail deer they shot last season.

i did some grunt work last last year getting bait in and setting the cams up. The hunting area is so large its very time consuming getting from each hunting stand.

we found some new spots which proved to bring in some really nice bucks

72E123E7-BD60-4C0C-825B-50E9211CC778.jpeg

85B456B4-D688-4424-8A4D-AC000858446B.jpeg

2967927B-97CC-4E2D-AB97-4905A96E94E6.jpeg

• Like 2
On 05/04/2019 at 23:26, Ted Newgent said:

nope mate

i really dont have any interest in killing a bear,just not for me.

plenty round here do for the meat aswell as the pelts.

i have bought a bear tag,but that was for an excuse for me to carry a firearm legally in da bush,they are only $16

What's the meat taste like