Well it got us out the house for a couple of hours

Seen as it was a nice clear evening and nether of us had anything better to do me and the long one had a drive up to the pheasant shoot, dropped in at the farm to see how the old girl was doing and then off over the far side for a wander about with the shotguns, not much about, managed a crow each and I  peppered a couple of juvenile hoppers, after we lost the light we jumped in the motor and headed back to the farm ( no need to push the little Tiguan out the mud ) out with the little .22’s and a quick walk around the back field, the rabbits have been busy with plenty of young out on the wheat, so we shot a few as we walked the boundary of the field, stopped to watch half a dozen fallow making their way up towards the farm, I think we might have another go at this next week, it’s a lovely way to spend a couple of hours out, it’s the type of place where it’s not all about the shooting, just being there is enough always something to watch and if you get to have a shot it’s a bit of a bonus ?

• Like 5

I never tire of being out with a gun , I like to just tuck up somewhere or in a high seat , and just watch . Doesn’t matter a lot of the time if I don’t get a shot , it’s a great way to let the stresses of modern life slip away . And on the odd occasion you see something memorable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s great been up here on the top of the moors and as the weather gets better and the nights get lighter we can get up there and do a bit of work for the next season, cut a few rides, repair a few fences and the likes and then a wonder round the roosts, sitting up with a bit of fox calling or a bit of bunny bashing around the farm?

• Like 1