Typical no show

I've been baiting a fox for about a week now. Started leaving a few rabbits and would go back to check and they'd been taken. 

Set the camera up to catch its coming and going and laying more bait. Checked the camera Saturday and caught it at 20:30 ish, big dog by the look of it. 

Checked the camera again Monday, Tuesday back again ruffly about the same time. 

On my way home from work today caught it 4 times between 19:00 and 20:30.

Got hold of Stavross and we got to the stables/sheep farm for just before 19:00 tonight. 

Then Stav says "you did put the clock forward on the camera?".......... Bollocks I forgot about that?

Anyway we waited it out till about 21:30 and the fecker decided he was going to be a no show, bloody typical! Been stood freezing our nuts off for over 2 hours so called it a night. 

To top this evening off the bloody van got stuck in mud and took us 20 minutes to get out?. Bricks, twigs, bits of wood and some brute strength from Stav got us out (cheers mate)  

Looks like more baiting and camera checks. 

Watch this space. 

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 2

I know the feeling, I’d been after a fox at the chicken farm. Had the call out and went the first night , as I was walking to my usual spot I saw the fox leaving the field. No shot the first night , then I was out in Hurricane Freya and nearly got hit by a piece of corrugated iron that blew past . I sat out about eight evenings before I eventually shot him , but I realised I was dealing with a pair because I was getting glimpses of a fox but never a safe shot or it never stood long enough or it was behind wire , and there was a small vixen still to deal with . I knew where the den was , so I went back the next night and no sooner had I arrived and had a natter to the farmer and set up , then she promptly stood side on for a lovely leisurely shot , which I used my rangefinder to tell me was 38 meters, probably the easiest fox ever . Unfortunately she had Cubs which I couldn’t deal with because it’s part of a badger sett and every time I’ve set my little traps there old brock digs  around them and trips them .  This is why I hate shooting foxes at this time of year. But if I didn’t do it he would have to get someone else and it’s on my doorstep, and it would piss me off to think someone was doing the shooting. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I know the feeling, I’d been after a fox at the chicken farm. Had the call out and went the first night , as I was walking to my usual spot I saw the fox leaving the field. No shot the first night , then I was out in Hurricane Freya and nearly got hit by a piece of corrugated iron that blew past . I sat out about eight evenings before I eventually shot him , but I realised I was dealing with a pair because I was getting glimpses of a fox but never a safe shot or it never stood long enough or it was behind wire , and there was a small vixen still to deal with . I knew where the den was , so I went back the next night and no sooner had I arrived and had a natter to the farmer and set up , then she promptly stood side on for a lovely leisurely shot , which I used my rangefinder to tell me was 38 meters, probably the easiest fox ever . Unfortunately she had Cubs which I couldn’t deal with because it’s part of a badger sett and every time I’ve set my little traps there old brock digs  around them and trips them .  This is why I hate shooting foxes at this time of year. But if I didn’t do it he would have to get someone else and it’s on my doorstep, and it would piss me off to think someone was doing the shooting. 

I'll be checking the camera today, if I see it turned up last night I'll be well pissed off?

It’s time will come, as my mate mosh says you won’t get owt sat on the sofa so we’ll just keep at it

by the way when I got in I had mud where the sun don’t shine from getting the van out, so I’ll be sending my small’s round to be washed, the missus isn’t happy because some fell off me from somewhere onto the white bedroom carpet, so I was woken up at 6 this morning, not with a cup of tea or a good morning my love but with you can bloody clean that up before you do anything today ?

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

It’s time will come, as my mate mosh says you won’t get owt sat on the sofa so we’ll just keep at it

by the way when I got in I had mud where the sun don’t shine from getting the van out, so I’ll be sending my small’s round to be washed, the missus isn’t happy because some fell off me from somewhere onto the white bedroom carpet, so I was woken up at 6 this morning, not with a cup of tea or a good morning my love but with you can bloody clean that up before you do anything today ?

I always get in bother after washing hands after work and drying on white towel!! Wouldn't think hands could still be that dirty AFTER washing them!! 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Deker said:

They can have debates with vehicles and potentially other hunters.

Failing that, it will be back, creatures of habit, especially where they know food is available.

:thumbs:

Where it is, it certainly has the potential to be ran over, I wouldn’t of been surprised if it had of been under the wheels of the long ones van where he parked it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

That is a true example of irony ,you freezing your tats off waiting and he,s nice and warm stuck to Longshank,s exhaust :rofl:

5 hours ago, Stavross said:

Ooopps, my Mrs always complains about my muddy wellies been in the passage. I'd have got the same wake up call as you if mud was on the carpet too? 

I'll pop over on my way home to check the camera ?

2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

That is a true example of irony ,you freezing your tats off waiting and he,s nice and warm stuck to Longshank,s exhaust :rofl:

Stop rubbing it in B? and what ever you do Stav don't rub that mud in further when your cleaning the carpet? her indoors will be turn your rifle on you?

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Where it is, it certainly has the potential to be ran over, I wouldn’t of been surprised if it had of been under the wheels of the long ones van where he parked it ?

Be well and truly buried the depth that tyre dug in?

4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Haha, you need to keep your eye on this one BenBhoy he’s a proper deviant ?

Definitely, especially with his poor missus complaining it's blocking the passage!! ?

• Haha 2