I used a one on my excaliber for a long time ,and when it was serviced I asked the person was there any damage to internals off using a pump for so long he said there was no evidence of any damage to any of the internals,and yes mine was a good pump with moisture trap on it if you fill to 50 then release air out of pump open bleed valve and after 10 minutes fill again it reduces any moisture from pump so I was told ,the excaliber ony took 8 pumps to fill as it had a small cylinder so worked for me,the rapids I use a bottle 

It would appear that some of the guide lines and information I had is perhaps not nesessarily true if you guys have not had issues with moisture which is great and I am seriously surprised because that has been a major factor and therefore the fitting of a moisture trap. It does make the product a lower cost item IF you can get away with it.  As for me, I am a lazy ole tart so it's an air tank every day of the week, I think I would finish up with a heart attack if I went for a pump. ?

I hope it all works well for you matey.

Phil

No luck today with moisture trap!! There are some on eBay but they are coming from China which I am not keen on.Phil I know what your saying about a bottle to fill the gun but exercise doesn’t bother me in fact I like it lol ? .

• Like 1

I’ve had a good look round today for a moisture trap and you can get in line ones but they are only good for 10 psi which is miles away from what I need, the hydraulic shop I’ve been today said they don’t know of any 200 psi in line filters .

10 hours ago, Str said:

No luck today with moisture trap!! There are some on eBay but they are coming from China which I am not keen on.Phil I know what your saying about a bottle to fill the gun but exercise doesn’t bother me in fact I like it lol ? .

What,s exercise ,ive heard of it but i dont think i know what it is :whistling: