What if anything is eating the swimming pool?

Right! If they can photograph a Black Hole I can photograph Ted's Hole  ?

The stick and twine is supporting a bit of bait dangled into the gap between the pool liner and the concrete base. As it is the deep end the bait is dangling about 6 feet down and nothing has touched it in two weeks. The other clusie is that the same thing has happened in exactly the same place. you can see the other hole under the sticking plaster.

191193940_TedsHole2.jpg.19eb34d6c87404850cb1bd78e547d915.jpg

1440302118_Tedshole1.jpg.d4ebd42774fe9605e967c4f72e64f157.jpg

So; Whodunnit?

Edited by Nicepix
7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Right! If they can photograph a Black Hole I can photograph Ted's Hole  ?

The stick and twine is supporting a bit of bait dangled into the gap between the pool liner and the concrete base. As it is the deep end the bait is dangling about 6 feet down and nothing has touched it in two weeks. The other clusie is that the same thing has happened in exactly the same place. you can see the other hole under the sticking plaster.

191193940_TedsHole2.jpg.19eb34d6c87404850cb1bd78e547d915.jpg

1440302118_Tedshole1.jpg.d4ebd42774fe9605e967c4f72e64f157.jpg

So; Whodunnit?

Frayed edging Looks almost like it was nibbled by a mouse or rat from the inside. I've seen a similar type hole through the middle of a sliced pan loaf after a mouse decided to tunnel through my work lunch .??

Edited by jiggy

Thanks for those thoughts. The pool was in place when they bought the house over 12 years ago so the plastic liner may well be on its way out. I'll pass on the good news next time I see them. I bet it will cost a fortune to repair or replace.

For what use the get out of the pool it doesn't half give them some headaches with algae bloom, blossom and other wind blown debris and also all sorts of casualties falling in. Plus it costs a fortune to run. I wouldn't have a pool given.

Thanks again for the advice.

• Like 1