1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Hopefully not mate, the chiropator started on me today, hoping he can straighten me up a bit...fair bit of work to do...I'm in the most pain I ever have been at the moment...I don't like pill or any meds really but I'm rattling at the minute lol

I'm playing the private health game now I just have to be patient for a few months, then go in with a sudden back problem lol

I'm dreading that I might need to have surgery to fix it.

Crazy thing It all started in work, I was at the desk, reached for my brew and sneezed at the same time.... BOOM that's was it, back and left leg fuucked!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The discs sit in a fluid ( i forget what its called ) that acts like the oil in a shock absorber.....so when dry they dont provide the same cushion effect.....like a shock absorber........so yes being

I’ve had it for ages and manage it quiet well now because I know the warning signs. Anti Flam and rest is all you can do I have found. Also, stretching before activity and if you feel the sl

im 45 and had two discs replaced about 10 year ago, ive been where you lads are and it's shit... I can remember when I fcuked them up cos I was stripping a stone wall on the moors to build a barn

Posted Images

12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Well the right hand x-ray  is how my back looks at the minute, the left hand is how it should look.....pretty twisted through graft and poor carrying....it's at a point now where from my back to the bottom of my right leg is killing....laying on my back to put my socks on !! Lol

My hip has dropped on the right hand side and the bottom 3 vertebrae are twisted to it....

20190404_102012.jpg

I didnt graduate from med school, in fact I never even went. But my prognosis for what its worth is.. your a little bit fcuked! Hope you get fixed. 

12 hours ago, mushroom said:

I'm playing the private health game now I just have to be patient for a few months, then go in with a sudden back problem lol

Crazy thing It all started in work, I was at the desk, reached for my brew and sneezed at the same time.... BOOM that's was it, back and left leg fuucked!

Ive just had bronchitis the same time as this sciatica & if im in bed having a coughing fit I probably look im having an epiletic fit. Ok if im standing up straight though.

No pain for a few days till earlier, so took an ibo. I still havent braved the gym yet, keep thinking in a day or 2, but its gonna be after the weekend now.

Turmeric.

Ordered some capsules., apparently its a natural anti inflammatory. Chucked a load of in my dinner the other night, probably placebo, but I thought I felt a bit loosened up. Side effects so far, yellow shit. 

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, mushroom said:

17 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Hopefully not mate, the chiropator started on me today, hoping he can straighten me up a bit...fair bit of work to do...I'm in the most pain I ever have been at the moment...I don't like pill or any meds really but I'm rattling at the minute lol

im 45 and had two discs replaced about 10 year ago, ive been where you lads are and it's shit...

I can remember when I fcuked them up cos I was stripping a stone wall on the moors to build a barn with, I put up with it for years till it got to the point the chiropractor was on speed dial. 

long and short of it they removed them because they had disintegrated and the bones were rubbing together and were making them wedge shaped...

after the operation they said as soon as you can make it to the bog at the end of the ward you can go home, I was home the next day and plastering ceilings a week later!

I wouldn't recommend having discs trimmed as they can and usually rupture again so what's the point, my little nan had had 3 fused together and said don't even think about fusing so I opted for replacement discs, wish id of had the balls to have had it done sooner as it was an instant fix!

IMG_2496.JPG.471486e17c6da2762bc22fa80565e5eb.JPG

takes a while for the scar tissue to stop burning but way better than living on pills and in agony!

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Where you get the op done mate and who did it ?

Scarborough hospital on the nhs, the surgeon was called mr north but from what I head he’s retired but fcuked backs where his buzz:) 

49 minutes ago, sid g said:

had it for years comes and goes I`m on naproxen down side is they give me guts ache so I take some others to combat that they give me headaches ..

I took the anti gutwack stuff and thought I was gonna have a stroke, me head felt like it was gonna explode... that’s when I decided I wanted it sorting

• Like 1

Great that you lads are getting fixed up but yous are probably the last of a generation to be having disc replacements and fusions give it 5 - 10 years and that,ll be a thing of the past with the stem cell stuff they are doing now they can literally re - grow the discs.....its what im hanging out for if and when needed.

Im 16 stone or thereabouts, have to convert from kilos, but lost around a stone between xmas and end of feb. 5'10" and I reckon I can loose the best part of another stone, less than that & I feel week, im not a wiry shape. My ripped minescal cartildge and my other athritic knee feel better, so another stone lighter I reckon ill be doing the caterpillar again..

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:35, NEWKID said:

Well the right hand x-ray  is how my back looks at the minute, the left hand is how it should look.....pretty twisted through graft and poor carrying....it's at a point now where from my back to the bottom of my right leg is killing....laying on my back to put my socks on !! Lol

My hip has dropped on the right hand side and the bottom 3 vertebrae are twisted to it....

20190404_102012.jpg

My Xray pics came back showing a dozen number six shot in the lower back.lol. On a seriouse not has anybody tried the CBD oil for sciatica and does it offer pain relief.

14 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Exercise and strengthen your core and that will also help no end and keep moving.

Swimming is very good.

Try keep your weight about right.

If I'm at 19stone to 19 and half I'm fine for the best part.

If I go up to 20-21 stone I start to niggle.

Swimming today mate...

Always been pretty fit and trained a lot over the years, last few years not so much admittedly, but always active, kayaking, loads of walking etc...

At the minute I've been advised nothing but swimming...to be honest that's all I think I could handle any way...

I want to get it straightened up and then will start training again...lots of core exercises etc..

Gutted I can't kayak at the minute though

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Swimming today mate...

Always been pretty fit and trained a lot over the years, last few years not so much admittedly, but always active, kayaking, loads of walking etc...

At the minute I've been advised nothing but swimming...to be honest that's all I think I could handle any way...

I want to get it straightened up and then will start training again...lots of core exercises etc..

Gutted I can't kayak at the minute though

A decent chiropractor should be able to get you something like straight, good luck.

• Like 2

The bloke I go to definitely isn't a charlatan, I was there last couple of weeks with my shoulder and it's miles better at the end of the session. There's not necessarily a load of cracking and yanking on you to get stuff back where it should be it's mainly just realigning yourself with a bit of help from him.