2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Funny you say that as I've been told by a few Drs that I'm not drinking enough water, for this climate and my body. I wonder if that would help me any ?

WATER ffs dont be silly   beer is the answer ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The discs sit in a fluid ( i forget what its called ) that acts like the oil in a shock absorber.....so when dry they dont provide the same cushion effect.....like a shock absorber........so yes being

I’ve had it for ages and manage it quiet well now because I know the warning signs. Anti Flam and rest is all you can do I have found. Also, stretching before activity and if you feel the sl

im 45 and had two discs replaced about 10 year ago, ive been where you lads are and it's shit... I can remember when I fcuked them up cos I was stripping a stone wall on the moors to build a barn

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, lanesra said:

I ended up in hospital  it's the worse pain I've ever had . . HORRIFIC , don't know what I had then cause ibruprofen wouldn't touch mine as it has for some on here , naproxen & Gabapentin worked after a while but was also on Valium , 7 fecking weeks both times before I was right , both times there's been no warning at all , I was told a few moths ago being dehydrated can bring it on not sure whether that's right or not though .

The discs sit in a fluid ( i forget what its called ) that acts like the oil in a shock absorber.....so when dry they dont provide the same cushion effect.....like a shock absorber........so yes being dehydrated is no good for any kind of degeneration to discs.....which often accompanies sciatica.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ive suffered from it for over 5yrs after rta .....had mri scans,x rays ....done stretching exercises, physio, massages ,acupuncture(worked for a while), all the tennis ball tricks lol,heat patches,hot/cold baths,cbd oil,good old strong indica's......just about every pill you can get from the quacks....some days 4/6 tramadol on the head to do a days work or play ,diazapam seen to work as a relaxant ,but make me quite angry,so only take them every few days ...drinking plenty of water helps ,I've never been a big drinker of alcohol anyway....next step for me is having my spine fused........?the pain sometimes has been quite sickening......but on the bright side....

I'm still f***ing here?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, lanesra said:

Daniel , Diazapan make you angry . . They made me tell everyone I loved them ??

done the whole 'I love you man'thing in the 90's rave scene? loved me 'uppers'?always enjoyed a smoke, was enough of a  relaxant them valium/diazapam have never agreed with me lol...do ease the pain mind?

• Like 1

Horrible condition I have suffered for years it came on wile I was scaffolding nearly 20 years ago though I am fortunate that it comes in fits and starts though I am on a repeat prescription for solpadol when its bad I lay on the floor with a rolled up towel down my back I also have noticed it comes on if I have over done it on the red wine but like has been said that might be down to dehydration due to the alchol intake.

I have /had  Sciatica for many years and had many forms of treatment but nothing worked except rest , that was harder than it sounds because I have always had to go out and get a living the things I can say that worked was sleeping on Boards and no Pillows for thirty years each and every night and when I got the Gout the Medication improved my posture another thing that I was told to do was wear good Boots that were laced up high up the Shin I also had a wooden Rocking Chair which was easy to get on / off, small things but they helped  me to live  with it plus thousands are a lot worse off so thank your'e Lucky Stars that you are not one of them .

Just to add that I was a Bricklayer for over 50 years .

• Like 2
16 hours ago, lanesra said:

I ended up in hospital  it's the worse pain I've ever had . . HORRIFIC , don't know what I had then cause ibruprofen wouldn't touch mine as it has for some on here , naproxen & Gabapentin worked after a while but was also on Valium , 7 fecking weeks both times before I was right , both times there's been no warning at all , I was told a few moths ago being dehydrated can bring it on not sure whether that's right or not though .

Dehydration causes loads of everyday complaints, headaches, tiredness, bad breath, blowing your stack,two Bob bits etc

I bit the bullet and took an anti inflamatory (ketoprofene), only a 100mg but amazed at the relief. Taken a few tetrazepams before sleep to try and relax whatever is the problem, I looked them up online and I think they have been withdrawn, the pack ive got expired in 2013! They taste rank! but.. jeez have I slept solidly!

Think I need to find an alternative to ibuprofen, due to me existing kidney scenario. Turmeric comes up on google, anyone any experience? 

I drink a fair bit of water at work, so i'll try to drink more when not at work. The first onset was after a 1300mile roadtrip followed by a good few beers at the end of it, so dehydration could of played a big part. Ive been going to the gym doing an hour of cardio 3 or 4 times a week, hydrating myself during. Havent been for a month due to the flu followed by bronchitis and this bloody sciatica on and off for 3 months. 

I suffer with it bad.Part and parcel of being a groundworker for years.If I have a few days of continuous hand digging which we have no other option if we're within 3meters of high pressure gas Iend up hobbling around f****d all down my left hand side from the botton of my back right down to my heal.

Well the right hand x-ray  is how my back looks at the minute, the left hand is how it should look.....pretty twisted through graft and poor carrying....it's at a point now where from my back to the bottom of my right leg is killing....laying on my back to put my socks on !! Lol

My hip has dropped on the right hand side and the bottom 3 vertebrae are twisted to it....

20190404_102012.jpg

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Well the right hand x-ray  is how my back looks at the minute, the left hand is how it should look.....pretty twisted through graft and poor carrying....it's at a point now where from my back to the bottom of my right leg is killing....laying on my back to put my socks on !! Lol

My hip has dropped on the right hand side and the bottom 3 vertebrae are twisted to it....

20190404_102012.jpg

You look abit constipated too mate ?

That looks painful New, have you got to have reconstruction surgery?

15 minutes ago, mushroom said:

You look abit constipated too mate ?

That looks painful New, have you got to have reconstruction surgery?

Hopefully not mate, the chiropator started on me today, hoping he can straighten me up a bit...fair bit of work to do...I'm in the most pain I ever have been at the moment...I don't like pill or any meds really but I'm rattling at the minute lol

• Sad 1