Been struck down, had the odd twinge before but am struggling at the moment.

Was in the buttock but has moved up to top of my hip now. Just on the one side. 

Any tips or links appreciated, avoided anti inflammatories till 10 minutes ago (hobbled to go get some) as only got one kidney & been told to avoid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The discs sit in a fluid ( i forget what its called ) that acts like the oil in a shock absorber.....so when dry they dont provide the same cushion effect.....like a shock absorber........so yes being

I’ve had it for ages and manage it quiet well now because I know the warning signs. Anti Flam and rest is all you can do I have found. Also, stretching before activity and if you feel the sl

im 45 and had two discs replaced about 10 year ago, ive been where you lads are and it's shit... I can remember when I fcuked them up cos I was stripping a stone wall on the moors to build a barn

Posted Images

When I had it I was given anti inflammatory's and told to rest for 2 week

Doctor said it's a trapped nerve and I needed  ibuprofen so ease the swelling so the nerve can be released..

It's not nice but 2 week off work was great

I’ve had it for ages and manage it quiet well now because I know the warning signs.

Anti Flam and rest is all you can do I have found.

Also, stretching before activity and if you feel the slightest twinge just stop.....dont just crack on and think it will be fine, I have done that a few times and every time cost me a week on my back unable to even f***ing walk ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I use to get it until I had a discectomy felt like id been kicked up the arse and down the back of my leg!

up until I had the op I use to go to a chiropractor witch worked for me over physio and acupuncture, they took my discs out in the end and put plastic ones in!

that was about 10 years ago and I still lay footing blocks now and dont need the pills any more..

this wont help you at this moment but id try and get to a chiropractor sharpish, I felt better as soon as he bent me back into shape!!

• Like 2

Suffered with it for just over a year now. Ended up in hospital 3 times. These b*****ds still won't refer me to the surgeon or an MRI. I have it from above my left hip, all the way to my toes and the cramp in my calf has not released in over a year. Sucks and really impedes quality of life. Gets me right down it does ?

Think a number of root causes can result in sciatica. I’ve had it for years but find core exercises help. One that works best for me when I’m suffering is lying on the floor with just my heels on the couch then raising my arse until my body is straight. Clench the buttocks and hold as long as possible, rest and repeat.

Top tip, putting on a wee bit of Elton John or George Michael will help you clench your buttocks for a good bit longer ?

• Haha 1

I ended up in hospital  it's the worse pain I've ever had . . HORRIFIC , don't know what I had then cause ibruprofen wouldn't touch mine as it has for some on here , naproxen & Gabapentin worked after a while but was also on Valium , 7 fecking weeks both times before I was right , both times there's been no warning at all , I was told a few moths ago being dehydrated can bring it on not sure whether that's right or not though .

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, lanesra said:

I ended up in hospital  it's the worse pain I've ever had . . HORRIFIC , don't know what I had then cause ibruprofen wouldn't touch mine as it has for some on here , naproxen & Gabapentin worked after a while but was also on Valium , 7 fecking weeks both times before I was right , both times there's been no warning at all , I was told a few moths ago being dehydrated can bring it on not sure whether that's right or not though .

Funny you say that as I've been told by a few Drs that I'm not drinking enough water, for this climate and my body. I wonder if that would help me any ?

• Like 1