Cracking couple of hours

Got to the permission at around 5:30 pm and got my self settled overlooking some scrub 50 yards away .

This is a great farm to shoot on and always has a healthy hoard of Bunnys ?

Didn't have to wait long when bunny number 1 appeared , settled the falcons crosshair on the Bunnys bounce and squeezed of the shot , the .177 JSB gave a healthy crack registering a nice headshot and it fell on the spot a nice 50 yarder ☺

Had to wait a little while for bunny number 2 to show and he followed  his mate into the bag , I tracked the JSB to the nogging on this one on 18 x magnifacation ?

A nice couple of hours had by myself , and the wildcat doing the business as usual 

50 yards to the killing zone 

image.jpg

Two in the bag 

image.jpg

Mike 

Edited by Gamegetter
  • Like 9

like the look of that land, looks like a great place to spend a sunny evening ,

some quality shooting too?

miss my wildcat, its the only riffle I've ever regretted flogging... next time I'm feeling flush I recon ill get one in .25 on ticket

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, si brown said:

like the look of that land, looks like a great place to spend a sunny evening ,

some quality shooting too?

miss my wildcat, its the only riffle I've ever regretted flogging... next time I'm feeling flush I recon ill get one in .25 on ticket

You feckin what?  ?

when did you do that mate?

8 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

You feckin what?  ?

when did you do that mate?

chopped it in when I got the impact.. didn't want too many rifles!

the only reason I ended up with the impact was because I couldn't get hold of a mk2 cat in .25:censored:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Very nice mate no think about some cammo for the metal work ?.

Ok , I won't put anything on the metal work never really needed it to be honest , plus I like the contrast between stock and metalwork ?

Regards, Mike

Land looks cracking! :thumbs:

Help me out, what am I missing, doesn't seem 5 minutes ago people always shouted at anyone taking shots at 50 yards and said stick with 30-35 yards shots.    My FAC Falcon at circa 26ft lb is zeroed at 40 and that distance works just fine for me.

Have rifles or people improved or what, whichever way you look at it the further out you go the power is dropping, and starting with only 12ft lb that's noticeable!  Even if you are zeroed at 50 and all your quarry is at 50 your margin for error is tiny!

I'm not having a go here, I've noticed several people talking of 50yards, and further shots with 12 ft lb, so what's it about?

Edited by Deker
4 hours ago, Deker said:

Land looks cracking! :thumbs:

Help me out, what am I missing, doesn't seem 5 minutes ago people always shouted at anyone taking shots at 50 yards and said stick with 30-35 yards shots.    My FAC Falcon at circa 26ft lb is zeroed at 40 and that distance works just fine for me.

Have rifles or people improved or what, whichever way you look at it the further out you go the power is dropping, and starting with only 12ft lb that's noticeable!  Even if you are zeroed at 50 and all your quarry is at 50 your margin for error is tiny!

I'm not having a go here, I've noticed several people talking of 50yards, and further shots with 12 ft lb, so what's it about?

Ok , thank you for the comment . Rifles , scopes and pellets are always improving and getting better all the time . Not forgetting the shooter as well, I have been hunting with air rifles for over 40 years and feel I am a competent shooter 

I only attempt the longer range shooting when weather permits , usually most of my shooting is around woodland and under 30 yards 

Practice is vital to keep you sharp , and combined with a rangefinder, bipod or shooting sticks  works for me 

Regards, Mike

• Like 3