Where do i start

Well from the beginning 

Got up around 4am yesterday morning had every thing sorted loaded the jeep up and had a cuppa 

and set off around 5,15 am fueled the jeep up had five crack with the lad in the garage and hit the road out of town around 5,30am

the darkness was lifting by now just a dull gray .

by the time i was a quarter of the way down to Scarborough i looked over the fields ,,,sky was blue and the sun was rising up over the cliff tops there was a ground mist rolling over the fields witch were covered in a ground frost a few mins more and the sun had came up over the cliffs a deep orange and red .

I traveled a few more miles down the road and looked over again this time the sun was high in the sky and the sky looked like it was on fire 

it was stunningly beautiful at this point i sayed to my self life is good at least for this day any way  .

drove over the moors i like this drive just rolling fields and a few hills any way i got to si,s around 7ish but went down to the beach front

had a cuppa and a bacon sarnie watched the surfers in the water and riding the waves joggers running by

the sun was reflecting off the sea as if there was a golden path that ran from the beach to the horizon .

Any way went to si,s and we had a cuppa and a chin wag showed him the little Diana 16and he showed me his hw97 and the hw35

he has done a cracking job on them he then made some bacon sarnies on the order of his daughter Molly lol

so i had two bacon sarnies well im a big lad you know i need feeding a lot lol

A little while later and Phil landed he walks in with three rifle cases another cuppa and i get the 16 out for him to check over the smile on his face was all i needed to see he was over the moon with it just hop Trish his wife likes it .

Phil then gets out this side by side shot gun and hands it to si and then me this is for you two and you can use it on si,s perms when you come down here so you have a gun to use i was blown away (some thing i did not know was going to be so true ).

Then Si,s says we are going clay pigeon shooting Phil says that it was a surprise for me after all the sh*t that iv gone through this last year ,

So off we set we set up and i was itching to get my hands on the side by side cartridges in gun in my shoulder lined it up PULL

the disc flys through the air i squeezed the trigger and booooom the disc explodes into a hundred pieces the gun comes back into my shoulder then flips to the right all most breaking my arm then comes back to the left and hits my nose a few swear words come out of my mouth and im jumping around still swearing well there was a fault on the gun when you pull the first trigger BOTH BARRELS GO OFF.

Honest lads it must of pushed me back six foot back if not more and if that was not enough i did it another twice in the course of the day

lol.

If you pulled the second trigger first it fires perfect and i fined that the side by side gun suits me with the full choke some thing Phil pointed out now i had a few guns to play with si,s over and under witch is my baby as i keep telling si lol

and Phils the most expensive gun iv shot Time was getting on and Phil still had a bit of a drive to do to get home so we packed up and sayd our goodbys its all was nice to meet up with friends iv made some good friends off this site and a few still to meet

just wish he could of stayed for the night time shoot .

Fresh air had hit me and si when we got back to his place we had banger,s and mash just the thing to have after the day with the boom sticks

we settled down and fell asleep for a little while got up and set off to my fav perm zero,d the rifles in and away we went we had a good night Si with his impact fac and me with the hw100 177 sub 12 si went one way and i the other

si was using nv and me the red t20 lamp any way to cut this thread short we ended up with 13 rabbits between us

before we headed to the pizza shop for some grub and back to si,s we were going to go out with the shot guns today but

my shoulder and arm were fecked after letting both barrels go three times lol

double discharge is not what you want it hurt it hurt a lot lol

A cracking day none the less si allways makes you feel welcome and as for phil it just made my day him being there but he should of brought Trish along she would of loved it

Si THANK YOU MATE FOR A SPECIAL DAY AND YOU TO PHIL

as all ways si will have to put pics up as my phone is fecked

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Great write up Jimmy.

Told you way back, if you shoot a shot gun we`d all call you -

Jimmy Bang! Bang! 

As you`d always need both barrels to shoot owt. :rofl: :laugh:  XX

Twat .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very nicely written post Jimmy. It was good to see you my friend and Trish thought the little Diana was just beautiful (her words not mine). we have been busy in the garden most of the day but tomorrow is time for me to play with that little gun.

I will arrange to meet up with Si for some clay shooting at a ground near Hornsea which has the bonus of having one of the best fish n chip shops for many many miles along with some very good shooting...........................................can you get a Friday off Jim.

Phil

• Like 1

Got to confess Saturday was the best day I’ve had for a long time,,, great company and effortless fun!!

the clays were a first for me never shot one before but I’ll be doing it again,, phil did a great job with the trap?

Our phil on the trap:)

A7649132-D0C6-4D39-AD19-34E59EA50A7D.jpeg.868c48e77c75e88b238eccbc82e166ec.jpeg

and some of sat nights rabbit bag, there were a fair few that couldn’t be retrieved, there are that many holes that if you shoot them in the hedge line you can guarantee they will kick themselves down a hole and every section looks the same?

688841AA-1FAF-45AA-903B-E1935EE535A7.jpeg.c3146606a0b2c28f1c309370f55c33c9.jpeg

all in all a great weekend and great company... cheers lads?

Atb si

• Like 5

:laugh: Shotguns are a whole world different to Air, especially PCP.

Unfortunately they can become addictive...and expensive!

Then its rifles, and targets and centrefire ammo at sometimes £2-£3 PER SHOT.  Some of my club members can get through 80-100 centrefire rounds a session...that's why they tend to reload!

Wait till the shotgun smacks you in the cheek a few times, very painful, and obvious to all!

As we all say, gun fit and hold!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
23 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Well from the beginning 

Got up around 4am yesterday morning had every thing sorted loaded the jeep up and had a cuppa 

and set off around 5,15 am fueled the jeep up had five crack with the lad in the garage and hit the road out of town around 5,30am

the darkness was lifting by now just a dull gray .

by the time i was a quarter of the way down to Scarborough i looked over the fields ,,,sky was blue and the sun was rising up over the cliff tops there was a ground mist rolling over the fields witch were covered in a ground frost a few mins more and the sun had came up over the cliffs a deep orange and red .

I traveled a few more miles down the road and looked over again this time the sun was high in the sky and the sky looked like it was on fire 

it was stunningly beautiful at this point i sayed to my self life is good at least for this day any way  .

drove over the moors i like this drive just rolling fields and a few hills any way i got to si,s around 7ish but went down to the beach front

had a cuppa and a bacon sarnie watched the surfers in the water and riding the waves joggers running by

the sun was reflecting off the sea as if there was a golden path that ran from the beach to the horizon .

Any way went to si,s and we had a cuppa and a chin wag showed him the little Diana 16and he showed me his hw97 and the hw35

he has done a cracking job on them he then made some bacon sarnies on the order of his daughter Molly lol

so i had two bacon sarnies well im a big lad you know i need feeding a lot lol

A little while later and Phil landed he walks in with three rifle cases another cuppa and i get the 16 out for him to check over the smile on his face was all i needed to see he was over the moon with it just hop Trish his wife likes it .

Phil then gets out this side by side shot gun and hands it to si and then me this is for you two and you can use it on si,s perms when you come down here so you have a gun to use i was blown away (some thing i did not know was going to be so true ).

Then Si,s says we are going clay pigeon shooting Phil says that it was a surprise for me after all the sh*t that iv gone through this last year ,

So off we set we set up and i was itching to get my hands on the side by side cartridges in gun in my shoulder lined it up PULL

the disc flys through the air i squeezed the trigger and booooom the disc explodes into a hundred pieces the gun comes back into my shoulder then flips to the right all most breaking my arm then comes back to the left and hits my nose a few swear words come out of my mouth and im jumping around still swearing well there was a fault on the gun when you pull the first trigger BOTH BARRELS GO OFF.

Honest lads it must of pushed me back six foot back if not more and if that was not enough i did it another twice in the course of the day

lol.

If you pulled the second trigger first it fires perfect and i fined that the side by side gun suits me with the full choke some thing Phil pointed out now i had a few guns to play with si,s over and under witch is my baby as i keep telling si lol

and Phils the most expensive gun iv shot Time was getting on and Phil still had a bit of a drive to do to get home so we packed up and sayd our goodbys its all was nice to meet up with friends iv made some good friends off this site and a few still to meet

just wish he could of stayed for the night time shoot .

Fresh air had hit me and si when we got back to his place we had banger,s and mash just the thing to have after the day with the boom sticks

we settled down and fell asleep for a little while got up and set off to my fav perm zero,d the rifles in and away we went we had a good night Si with his impact fac and me with the hw100 177 sub 12 si went one way and i the other

si was using nv and me the red t20 lamp any way to cut this thread short we ended up with 13 rabbits between us

before we headed to the pizza shop for some grub and back to si,s we were going to go out with the shot guns today but

my shoulder and arm were fecked after letting both barrels go three times lol

double discharge is not what you want it hurt it hurt a lot lol

A cracking day none the less si allways makes you feel welcome and as for phil it just made my day him being there but he should of brought Trish along she would of loved it

Si THANK YOU MATE FOR A SPECIAL DAY AND YOU TO PHIL

as all ways si will have to put pics up as my phone is fecked

Mac, when I've had this surgery call back down to Scarborough, me and Si between us could take you out with my rifles and see if you can't slot ya self a deer pal eh!  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, delswal said:

Mac, when I've had this surgery call back down to Scarborough, me and Si between us could take you out with my rifles and see if you can't slot ya self a deer pal eh!  

Del you just get your self sorted my friend and a good rest

then there will be plenty of time to go shooting Del

Ill let you decide when your ready i can come down any time

but that would be some thing else mate to bag a deer .

I sayd all that with out swearing once feck i must be getting old lol  .

you take care mate .

9 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cracking write up and pictures :thumbs:

It's good to see you getting out with a 100 again Jimmy :thumbs:

Just love the hw100ks Jon

this one is staying mate its a keeper iv had a few good rifles and got rid of them

bills have to be payed and its all ways our stuff that has to go not her indoors all ways us lol

it feels good to have another 100 still jelling with this one at the moment mind but im getting there

just need another photon nv now then ill have some thing special a kit that suits me down to the ground

ps,,you have to get your self up to si,s some time jon you will love it mate honest the mans a legend

and he will make you feel at home we will get phil back over with the trap and get you on the shot guns and clay.s

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mattwhite said:

Cracking writeup jimmy???

I think that will be happening again quite soon pal??

Love going to si,s Matt he is like a brother to me

even if its just a week end on the P*SS

he makes you feel at ease and at home

• Like 1