trt treatment..

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Pm isnt working for some reason. You didnt train in newmains by any chance ?

Ronny white udingston another good fighter rusty all great guys pure gents ?new them all my life 

9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Does working out most your adult life stop or slow that down do ye know? I mean for folk like mentioned above, that have dedicated there lives to it?

sorry the thread went another way??

Yes thats exactly what im saying one go's hand in hand with the other,its also why you see a lot of blokes still fathering kids into their 70,s and 80,s....not that id encourage that ?

When you train all your life your test levels can remain close to what they were when you was 17 !....i piqued my own interest with this and looked up a few old bodybuilding names from years ago...Frank Zane 75...Bill Grant 71...Boyer Coe 73....even more recently Lee Haney 60 they all look fantastic and healthy....if a body is still high in testosterone and is still being broken down it will still adapt to the stress and rebuild/growth etc

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1

All that weight lifting stuff is a massive clique in the uk 

a lad I know very well recently competed in a national comp and in his warm up , lifted the biggest bench and deadlift of the day. 

He won the combined weight by a considerable margin , but didn’t win.... 

afyer a representation he was given the trophy but not the extras or the kudos .... 

sad sad little world

f**k there’s some educated lads on this thread, very interesting.

To me, I think it’s important to have an idea what you want to do with your fitness (if that makes sense).......so, I still want to shift myself around a football pitch so for that I need to be leaner, have an improved lung capacity and keep muscle tone decent.

If I bulked up on weights I’d be running around a pitch like you see them running at these strongman comps which, to be fair, isn’t very well.

Having a plan (to a layman like me) is important.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

All that weight lifting stuff is a massive clique in the uk 

a lad I know very well recently competed in a national comp and in his warm up , lifted the biggest bench and deadlift of the day. 

He won the combined weight by a considerable margin , but didn’t win.... 

afyer a representation he was given the trophy but not the extras or the kudos .... 

sad sad little world

Im a very competitive person but ive found over the years most competitions to do with strength end up getting overtaken by ego i did a couple of powerlifting comps years back and just found it all a bit pointless....likewise i did a few bodybuilding shows and just found the whole thing a bit mincey and embarrassing standing on a stage flexing up covered in oil just wasnt a bit of me at all training has always been about personal growth,seeing how far i can push my mind into the pain and just the challenge of continual improvement....not about beating another man thats what fightings for ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a side note, I’m going to have a look into what Real Madrid are doing in their fitness regime.

It really hit home how right they are getting it in the last World Cup.

They are keeping lads who are in their 30s in the best physical condition anywhere in top level sport imho.

There were players in that World Cup who looked like that hadn’t played a game all season.

Fantastic imho 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

f**k there’s some educated lads on this thread, very interesting.

To me, I think it’s important to have an idea what you want to do with your fitness (if that makes sense).......so, I still want to shift myself around a football pitch so for that I need to be leaner, have an improved lung capacity and keep muscle tone decent.

If I bulked up on weights I’d be running around a pitch like you see them running at these strongman comps which, to be fair, isn’t very well.

Having a plan (to a layman like me) is important.

I think the reality is that to put on significant mass takes a shit load of dedication, sacrifice and mental strength. IMO strength/resistance training has benefits way beyond potentially looking like the Hulk. But I think the most important thing is to find an activity you like, it makes the discipline aspect less of an issue.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

For years I ve derided cross fit as something people who can’t play sport do . A gym full of ball mongs. 

In reality reebok have pulled it out o the bag and turned fitness into a sport itself .. 

I’ve just finished a variation of murph this morning , where’s me fags at?! 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

For years I ve derided cross fit as something people who can’t play sport do . A gym full of ball mongs. 

In reality reebok have pulled it out o the bag and turned fitness into a sport itself .. 

I’ve just finished a variation of murph this morning , where’s me fags at?! 

Oh my god !