My boys new pup

7 hours ago, shaaark said:

@ salukixgrey, 

You could maybe cut back on the biscuit/kibble, and increase the raw. All my pups have kept their weight better when I just fed raw.

Just an idea ?

She was on just raw for a good while the guy I got her of was a butcher so it’s all they had as pups so I kept her on that diet but the last month she just shot up just looks lean so I added gain puppy and sapling to her diet and scraps left over from the tea. This the meat I use she gets one a day mix it up with different flavours so she don’t get bored of it.

99F36646-1F57-41E7-9068-DE039E291D04.jpeg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my little boy his first Lurcher she mostly whippet greyhound with a touch of deerhound and bull way back

Bitch getting a size now 8 months old she is a handful to walk on a lead but walks to heel when out in the field good recall, has plenty of speed when running about. She eats loads biscuit through the

Not claiming to be an expert Steve but I would say mostly whippet greyhound wi a touch of deerhound and bull way back

Posted Images

A lot of dogs with a fair bit of saluki in them will not hold there weight if being fed completely on meat, they need a fair bit of carbohydrates from kibble, pasta or bread. It supposed to be because they have been fed for thousands of years in the desert on mainly pitta bread and dates and didn’t get much meat as this all went to the humans so there metabolism has changed to run better off carbs

• Like 1
10 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

A lot of dogs with a fair bit of saluki in them will not hold there weight if being fed completely on meat, they need a fair bit of carbohydrates from kibble, pasta or bread. It supposed to be because they have been fed for thousands of years in the desert on mainly pitta bread and dates and didn’t get much meat as this all went to the humans so there metabolism has changed to run better off carbs

This is not supposed to have saluki in her first dog I owned without saluki in the make up she is a lurcher mostly whippet grey with a bit of deerhound bull way back well that’s what I was told anyway.. she gets wormed regular and I use advocate as well never had a worm she eats more than any saluki bred dog I’ve had but looking at her shape you would think she’s a saluki x