Good use of old pallets

10 minutes ago, kanny said:

Looks great its got that farmhouse look :thumbs:

look's a 100yr old piece.

i like watching the salvager he build's similar stuff..

this kitchen he built was very nice.

Image result for the salvager

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Meece said:

How big is it ?  How styles changed from give it a coat of paint to strip it back to wood and wax it, to paint it with wishy washy paint to make it shabby sheik

so those who would be called scruffy paupers years ago are trendy as feck now lol.strange but true 

19 minutes ago, Meece said:

How big is it ?  How styles changed from give it a coat of paint to strip it back to wood and wax it, to paint it with wishy washy paint to make it shabby sheik

He didn't strip it back he made a replica of it out of old pallets did you not read the post from a pic he took

Edited by peterhunter86
6 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

He didn't strip it back he made a replica of it out of old pallets did you not read the post from a pic he took

You mis understand me. I knew he made it from pallet wood  and copied that old painted one  but  aside from that originally people painted them and they got shabby.   ... then the fashion was to strip them back and wax the wood. ....then the fashion changed to painting them in wishy washy colours to make them look old shabby sheik. Does that make sense now.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

Fukcing state of that ... looks like it was made out of old pallets ..........

That's what hannens when you take to many ieds to the head you start seen old pallets everywhere, 

And that's just after the girl guides deal with yous 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Meece said:

You mis understand me. I knew he made it from pallet wood  and copied that old painted one  but  aside from that originally people painted them and they got shabby.   ... then the fashion was to strip them back and wax the wood. ....then the fashion changed to painting them in wishy washy colours to make them look old shabby sheik. Does that make sense now.?

Yeah it makes sense, I just thought it was a good effort for a blokes first go at wood work at late 40s 

• Like 5