Time for goodbyes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call from my liaison officer today, well the head of my firearms unit I believe. Sound feller, know him for years. Anyway he asked if I'm on here! Then informed me that police intellig

I am sorry to hear this news UD as I believe you are a true country lover enjoying traditional guns. I confess that I have no idea what the law states regarding the use of a slug / ball in muzzle load

Thank you for that, exactly my point and certainly NOT trying to cause U trouble.

On 29/03/2019 at 18:20, Underdog said:

Had a call from my liaison officer today, well the head of my firearms unit I believe. Sound feller, know him for years.

Anyway he asked if I'm on here!

Then informed me that police intelligence are onto me and that he also had a phone call from a police force from the north east!

All to do with me shooting a single ball from my muzzleloaders. A candid discussion ensued regarding the law and it's interpretation. That aside it was made clear that irrespective of any loopholes or exemptions by default my licences could be revoked if I continue.

That's not a problem, I bag stuff with shot equally well but what I am in fear of is that it would appear that via this forum some one somewhere may of attempted to stick a knife in my back so it's time to go.

Hey, it was fun.

Goodbye.

U.

Something doesnt ring right here.  Firstly, shouldn't it be your area force dealing with this.  Secondly, how do they know who you are to inform your feo. Thirdly, why has he warned you, surely you would just get the knock on the door, bit unprofessional of him to tip you off. Fourth as someone wrote previously .... although you have written that you do xyz, it could all be a load of make believe.  Unless  you post a good quality vid of you doing xyz who knows the reality. I  can't believe any shooting man would contact plod, why would they? It could be any anti anywhere IF this has really happened.

As far as I recall from when I joined this website / forum there was no requirement to put down name, address or phone number so how come an foe gives you the nod that you are being a person of interest ? a  It unprofessional to say the least.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

U don’t leave mate your posts are probably some of the best on here,  On a par with Shovel Shys on the Bushing forum which I really enjoy.

My advice mate edit your posts with a mask of Zorro your giving the grasses to much ammo excuse the pun.

Also your dog Jess is a cracker which I believe has her own separate fan club.

Your one of us have a rethink best of luck in what you do.

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear this news UD as I believe you are a true country lover enjoying traditional guns. I confess that I have no idea what the law states regarding the use of a slug / ball in muzzle loaders but surely if you check with BASC or the police themselves, make the changes needed to keep inside the law, job done and you carry on as before apart from any change needed regarding the slug / ball.

It will be very sad not having you telling your hunting tales with superb photos including your lovely dog. I wish you well and sincerely hope you are able to resolve the issue and stay with us as you will be greatly missed.

Phil

• Like 3

TBH I think you're overthinking it.

Your photo is on the PNC. I'm pretty sure there will be a dedicated Firearms Database. It's as simple as matching your database photo as submitted with your cert to a photo on here or the web in general. Even easier if they also know the region. Whether they have auto matching software or just do it by hand, I wouldn't know. But with your photo and region, it's hardly that difficult to flick through the photos especially as they can probably use descriptions to narrow the search such as hair colour, height, glasses etc.

Of course they could obtain an IP. However, data protection / website owner plus IP Provider integrity would probably ensure they wouldn't hand over your IP details without a Court Order (at least you'd hope so!), and in order to obtain a Court Order they'd probably to have to prove there's an actual crime committed they need to pursue and not just something that's maybe a grey area.

My guess is someone at a force browses all the forums, saw something they didn't like, downloaded a photo and matched it using the PNC.

Edited by Alsone
4 hours ago, Alsone said:

TBH I think you're overthinking it.

Your photo is on the PNC. I'm pretty sure there will be a dedicated Firearms Database. It's as simple as matching your database photo as submitted with your cert to a photo on here or the web in general. Even easier if they also know the region. Whether they have auto matching software or just do it by hand, I wouldn't know. But with your photo and region, it's hardly that difficult to flick through the photos especially as they can probably use descriptions to narrow the search such as hair colour, height, glasses etc.

Of course they could obtain an IP. However, data protection / website owner plus IP Provider integrity would probably ensure they wouldn't hand over your IP details without a Court Order (at least you'd hope so!), and in order to obtain a Court Order they'd probably to have to prove there's an actual crime committed they need to pursue and not just something that's maybe a grey area.

My guess is someone at a force browses all the forums, saw something they didn't like, downloaded a photo and matched it using the PNC.

There is a National Firearms Database, should have been in existance from about 2000, but was around 5 years late and eventually emerged around 2005 (or was it 2007) from memory.

Add to that all the pictures he has posted of himself, the number of people who call various members by their real names rather than their THL Username and it would take anyone with the means 5 minutes to find out who he is!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

And some folks on other threads mock those who say they can't speak freely for fear of their licenses being revoked....

:no:

Hopefully UD takes some time to reassess the use of social media and comes back to contribute with a more 'cautious' attitude. Not that I'm suggesting he does anything illegal or illegitimate but these days society is not so understanding or forgiving. It's f***ing shit.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Deker said:

Something certainly seems a little unusual here! :hmm:

I assumed it was an April fool until I read he posted on Friday.

I can believe it though. Some forces make up their own rules and you don't need any special info to build up an intelligence report on someone so active these days. Folks are very easy to find.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

And some folks on other threads mock those who say they can't speak freely for fear of their licenses being revoked....

:no:

Hopefully UD takes some time to reassess the use of social media and comes back to contribute with a more 'cautious' attitude. Not that I'm suggesting he does anything illegal or illegitimate but these days society is not so understanding or forgiving. It's f***ing shit.

You can't talk freely!!!!!!!

Anyone who thinks ANY forum is immune from examination is naive in the extreme, if the powers that be want to find you then they most certainly can!

I do not know Underdogs situation/licencing/etc but any talk of anything illegal on a public forum from anyone is best avoided.  I am not suggesting he has done/posted anything illegal, I don't know.

• Like 1