Time for goodbyes.

Had a call from my liaison officer today, well the head of my firearms unit I believe. Sound feller, know him for years.

Anyway he asked if I'm on here!

Then informed me that police intelligence are onto me and that he also had a phone call from a police force from the north east!

All to do with me shooting a single ball from my muzzleloaders. A candid discussion ensued regarding the law and it's interpretation. That aside it was made clear that irrespective of any loopholes or exemptions by default my licences could be revoked if I continue.

That's not a problem, I bag stuff with shot equally well but what I am in fear of is that it would appear that via this forum some one somewhere may of attempted to stick a knife in my back so it's time to go.

Hey, it was fun.

Goodbye.

U.

• Sad 11

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call from my liaison officer today, well the head of my firearms unit I believe. Sound feller, know him for years. Anyway he asked if I'm on here! Then informed me that police intellig

I am sorry to hear this news UD as I believe you are a true country lover enjoying traditional guns. I confess that I have no idea what the law states regarding the use of a slug / ball in muzzle load

Thank you for that, exactly my point and certainly NOT trying to cause U trouble.

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Had a call from my liaison officer today, well the head of my firearms unit I believe. Sound feller, know him for years.

Then informed me that police intelligence are onto me and that he also had a phone call from a police force from the north east!

All to do with me shooting a single ball from my muzzleloaders. A candid discussion ensued regarding the law and it's interpretation. That aside it was made clear that irrespective of any loopholes or exemptions by default my licences could be revoked if I continue.

That's not a problem, I bag stuff with shot equally well but what I am in fear of is that it would appear that via this forum some one somewhere may of attempted to stick a knife in my back so it's time to go.

Hey, it was fun.

Goodbye.

U.

Don’t do it, your posts are interesting and you will be missed, need more decent fellas on here, just keep on the right side of the law mate.

It would be a sad loss if you were not to continue posting on here, your posts are always the first I read, it would be a sorry case if someone on here had nothing better to do with there sad little life than to stir sh*t for someone else with no reason other than to be vindictive, I hope this is not the case

I was unaware of that law with the front stuffer, I presume it come under the same law as the single shotgun cartridges 

I think Walshie is probably correct.  I would be very surprised if they don't check forums / social media etc to ensure no-one is making threatening posts or engaging in illegal behaviours.

Do I take it your muzzle loader is classified as a shotgun and held on a SGC, but using a single ball, arguably according to your constabulary classifies it as a rifle and makes it subject to an FAC?  If so, all I could suggest is talking to an expert for advice such as the BASC if you're a member. Obviously you need to stay within the law. The question is what the law is, not what you or they believe it to be and that's going to take an expert determine.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Hey, it was fun.

Goodbye.

U.

They have to prove that you realy have shoot a ball out of it , just because you have said you have on here and shoes pictures of targets on here doesn’t mean shite mate you could be lying to in press us ?

As has been said, could be anyone. Unless you’ve made an enemy it’s more likely to be plod with nothing better to do. 

This is where your friends are mate and apart from that, where else are you gonna show off with your front stuffers and your photography and your fantastic dog you egotistical get? ?

Just be more careful when you post after playing with your balls. 

Remember what I said about the 'approved range' cobblers ages ago?

Please don't get me wrong I have no bother or interest in what you do & as a very 'experienced' gun myself I fully understand that a muzzle loaded 'shotgun' with ball is about as

bad as it can get for precision shooting and completely harmless. Anyway best of luck, keep your head down, just goes to show we are being watched by 'knobbers' with nothing

better to do?

Hope you don't go U, I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pictures, like Stav says I tend to go straight to yours first. 

I'd definitely like to know the Law regarding front loaders. But I'm sure you've already started looking into it? 

I've never really thought about the coppers scrolling through the forum but I bet they do (dont worry officers I've done nothing illegal if your reading). 

Why the hell are the NE police involved?? You been shooting up here? Seems rather odd? ???

Think we would all love to hear how this goes......... 

So that means you have to stay on the forum?

Hope everything turns out OK U. 

Edited by Longshanx

Dont do it Nath, your the main user of front stuffers and sound as a pound .I enjoy your posts and your feedback on others .You left P.W due to to backstabbing keyboard warriors that dont know which end of a firearm to point only how to be an arse .

It sounds like a routine Police surf of shooting forums has found a sub paragraph B ,clause c to beat you with rather than backstabbing <i so hope im not wrong about this > .

We need your wit and sarcasm and P,J,s and Jess will be sorely missed too ,please reconsider and remember your 1 of us  atb