first time out with my 25 cal mfr

got the gun delivered today quickly got it zeroed in up golf course and managed 3 rabbits did not have time to pick camera up to get picks but what a beast of a gun this is

• Like 3

.25 is definitely the grin calibre in both sub 12 and fac. I've got a sub12 .25 Rapid and it's a great little tool around the farm buildings and used from hides. I use the H+N (20.1gn) in mine and spot on .

7 hours ago, j j m said:

well was out on the crows this morning mhide put up last week managed 5 crows and two maggies ,the barracudas work really well in this gun at sub 12lb 

Were you using decoys today. I must admit I love shooting crows over deeks with the shotgun and the flock deeks are vastly better than the hard plastic. 

Phil

phil I was using a eagle owl decoy with a dead crow at its feet works a treat mate,could of got a few more when the heavens opened up ,once you shoot one crow you know how they flock in to see there dead mates on the ground but hard to get a bead on some of them

• Like 1

Many years ago when I still lived in Sheffield, my pal and I used to shoot huge numbers of rooks / crows every spring using that same method of a large owl and dead bird or two. We had to shoot as many as possible as the crows will take the eyes out of young lambs so the farmers hate them. Most good days were over 100 bird days with our best being 174 in the session.

The owl was only really effective for us until the young crow were flying then it lost it's usefulness and we rarely used it in the same place twice because as we all know they are clever birds.

Phil

• Like 1