SMK B2 Mess to shiny Mutant in 4 days

Well a B2 for 25 quid sounds good .Gets the badly painted  and dented rifle home into the shed of doom and  shoot some lead ,fst ,pif paf is that it 400 ft,ps and so much dieselling its out the side of the stock  .Full strip down , breech seal ordered, the dried up flat piece of old leather wasnt doing natch, wood sanded to reveal all including  a filler filled cheek raiser omg what a palaver.

Then i try to remove the piston ,so not happening  so try again with wd 40 lube and alls well.Apart from the lump of cylinder gouging braze holding it together .

Strip and try to remove grease ,carbon and stuff and get out the auto sol and polish ,dremmel and preen any metal bits .Then wait for new breech n piston seal to arrive .

Spring is as bent as a politician in a piggy bank and luckily i know where a HW97 spring n Delrin guide are ,But :doh:it,s too big for t,hole so i know a nice man with a lathe so it will fit now .

Several coats of true oil and a  good soak in beeswax gives a much lighter finish than the standard pooh brown gloss, and then captin clumsy has to reassemble Johnny 5 without scratching,dinging and the usual chaos .

I,m pleased seems a lot more power and certainly no diesel smoke and i will chrono Friday and put up some numbers ,thanks for watching atb

11.jpg

13a.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Might ask Mark Williams if he,s got any spare pen drawings of pigeon heads for me to miss aim at :lol:

haha... dont tempt fate, had to buy a printer the other day and he's asked me to knock up a load:whistling:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Your getting as good as me BC

it all ways amazes me what the wood is like under all that sh*t

they put on at the factory's

its looking good

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

long ways to go Jimmy ,done 1 shotty n now 2 air rifles ,your the master i,m just learning but getting there its theraputic and rewarding turning a pigs ear into something good atb 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

It must be a good feeling being able to do something like that ?.

Its a great reward  for a hobby and a good way of making me smile ,in comes the remains of what was once new and good : and out appears something much better and for a fraction of the price of shiny off the shelf.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

long ways to go Jimmy ,done 1 shotty n now 2 air rifles ,your the master i,m just learning but getting there its theraputic and rewarding turning a pigs ear into something good atb 

BC i only got into it as at the time i could not afford to pay some one to do it for me 

and your right very very therapeutic and then some 

time is your best friend when doing them

rush it and you feck it all up

as my mate Sean would say

slowly slowly catch the monkey

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

They get a lot of flack, the B2 series, but they are simple and affordable guns that many started with.

With a RRP of £59.95 for the traditional B2 who can complain.

Good to see someone giving it a makeover! :thumbs:

• Like 1