Bizarre foods ,travel channel 181

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to understand mackem,not everybody is as cultured as us.

This looked a lot better than goat curry ?  

love curried goat... that dunns river seasoning is the best....you can get it in asda.....get some skinned and boned chicken thighs in a small roasting tin.. table spoon of olive oil drisled all

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

I couldn't bring myself to try fetal duck eggs (Balut)

Had rat (star meat) and balut quite a few times,impossible to visit a filipino slum without trying one or both,eaten all sorts of crap,got some old pics somewhere of a yak being bled out in china,i remember that meat as being incredibly tasty as we were quite hungry.When we were kids we used to shoot blackbirds and spuggies,cook them over a fire and eat them,nothing is odd compared to stuff like that.

• Like 1

Deer, Squirrel and goat isn't bizarre - some of the weird polish shit that they now sell in my local shop is feckin' bizarre :blink:

.......... You can't tell what most of it is. There's crap floating in jars, bacon that feels like jelly, stuff that looks like dog food. Wtf do those people eat?

These made me laugh though - I'm guessing they're Chinese flavour noodles :hmm: :laugh:

IMG_20190329_163525.jpg

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Young generation don’t like meat on the bone  eating fish with heads n eyeballs  but happy with chicken nuggets kebabs and fish shaped battered shit lol 

I also don't eat any offal.not even mixed with other things.sweetbreads make me gag.tongue,faggots none of it.thsts for the dogs.i only eat prime cuts but off any animal except fish.f**k that.even abroad i seek out the british pubs for food.

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Young generation don’t like meat on the bone  eating fish with heads n eyeballs  but happy with chicken nuggets kebabs and fish shaped battered shit lol 

Was talking to a lad this week who worked at a chicken supplies place, he said McDonald's and asda premium chicken nuggets are high quality shit, no skin or dark meat. He had interesting patter

you know ?

38 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I also don't eat any offal.not even mixed with other things.sweetbreads make me gag.tongue,faggots none of it.thsts for the dogs.i only eat prime cuts but off any animal except fish.f**k that.even abroad i seek out the british pubs for food.

Love proper faggots either sliced an fried with egg n chips or done in the oven in onion gravy with mash n peas.

4 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Love proper faggots either sliced an fried with egg n chips or done in the oven in onion gravy with mash n peas.

Offal pies, and homemade faggots with onion gravy and homemade peas pudding with mushy peas.

offalpies.jpg.547bb11d68591ef3d5899b7f7419f7a3.jpg

faggottspeasepudding.jpg.843f970a2bc1c95430372fff9a77cb91.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

Offal pies, and homemade faggots with onion gravy and homemade peas pudding with mushy peas.

offalpies.jpg.547bb11d68591ef3d5899b7f7419f7a3.jpg

faggottspeasepudding.jpg.843f970a2bc1c95430372fff9a77cb91.jpg

The bit on the left looks good but the bit on the right looks like the dogs have boffed up

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.b5118fa7207ea732258e09507d25fb3a&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f12P6AnN6DcQj1S%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=I6yDfgBY%2bynIjcIjKDSrVg

• Like 1

What you can't see in the photo of the peas pudding is the flavour. I cook it in chicken stock with a couple of chopped up onions, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, couple of chopped carrots. When it has softened enough and absorbed all the stock I remove all the bits and pieces and adjust the flavour with salt and then stir in butter to give the glossy appearance. If I have it with boiled bacon I use that stock instead of chicken stock. It firms up as it cools and you can actually slice it the next day. The only bland bit on the plate is the dayglo mushy peas out of a tin.