New cars to have speed limiters and black boxes by law

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to this etc  read an article a while back about electric cars and possible implications.  Ie don’t pay your road tax , service , mot, or fall behind on your payments , the motor

As a aged individual approaching my 70th birthday, I don't give  a f**k  about the new rule. I have never been into speed or performance cars. I cannot understand the buzz blokes get from having two e

Good, no need to go above 70

Posted Images

As a aged individual approaching my 70th birthday, I don't give  a f**k  about the new rule. I have never been into speed or performance cars. I cannot understand the buzz blokes get from having two exhausts or speeding away from lights, aggressive overtaking  or owning cars with macho names on the side.  Every road rage performer I've ever taken to task outside of the protection of their car has turned out to be a complete pussy.To me you're a bunch of  immature retards. How fast do you want to go on public roads? 70 MPH is plenty for anybody. Let's face it this new law will save lives and plenty of them. It will also mean a lot less carbon emissions. Good enough for me. I couldn't care less where this directive originates from, seems reasonable to me and I support it.  I am going to shuffle off to bed now after polishing my three wheeler.. Night night. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How much does this scheme cost the taxpayer? I'm assuming this device will be rolled into the price of a new car along with monitoring. Hundreds? Thousands? Vehicle tax up to pay for the people required to monitor it?

F*ck*n laughable...

19 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Thats another benefit, no feckers pinching it are they.

JLR have been fitted with own brand trackers for years now...…  still one of the highest brands stolen!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just to add to this etc 

read an article a while back about electric cars and possible implications. 

Ie don’t pay your road tax , service , mot, or fall behind on your payments , the motor will be “ turned off” as such 

also with the prevelance , any crimes etc can be heatmapped or electronically traced via your cars location . 

The example used was a bank robbery where in pursuit a car could be switched off via a master system . 

Scary stuff when you add in anpr, automatic speed regulation etc 

put blank , they can see where you are , for how long at what time. 

They are nothing short of a tag posing as transport 

where’s that tin foil gone?! 

Tin foil, fiver deal ?

if you read the full article the EU hopes to reduce road deaths to zero by 2050, dream on you idiots, no matter how many toys and restrictions are introduced you will never avoid idiots and just plain bad luck (maybe their actual idea is to totally bad all travel, that could work)

• Like 1

Alledgedly It's all tied up with global warming and the fact that we are a species without any predators except our own greed and stupidity. There has either got to be a cull, war, pestilence or something to thin the numbers out. This is some of the reason that we are all being robot prept.  But that aside a lot of this technology is already built into cars. The wife's Honda reads the road speed signs and advises with a warning at  30 and 70. When the light level drops such as under trees, tunnels or it just gets dusk the lights come on automatically. When a car comes the other way or you are following a car with tail lights on it will Go to dip beam and back to high when it can. The braking system works out if you are sliding, slipping or lost traction on one wheel and corrects the braking effect to correct . It wouldn't take much to link the speed sign recognition to the engine management system and gear train to control the vehicle speed even if Jeremy Clarkson thrashed it. It all relates to the song by Jaeger & Evans ...in the year 25.25 robots and world order. 

2 minutes ago, Meece said:

Alledgedly It's all tied up with global warming and the fact that we are a species without any predators except our own greed and stupidity. There has either got to be a cull, war, pestilence or something to thin the numbers out. This is some of the reason that we are all being robot prept.  But that aside a lot of this technology is already built into cars. The wife's Honda reads the road speed signs and advises with a warning at  30 and 70. When the light level drops such as under trees, tunnels or it just gets dusk the lights come on automatically. When a car comes the other way or you are following a car with tail lights on it will Go to dip beam and back to high when it can. The braking system works out if you are sliding, slipping or lost traction on one wheel and corrects the braking effect to correct . It wouldn't take much to link the speed sign recognition to the engine management system and gear train to control the vehicle speed even if Jeremy Clarkson thrashed it. It all relates to the song by Jaeger & Evans ...in the year 25.25 robots and world order. 

all these toys make cars safer, but the down side is young drivers don`t realise how much the car is doing for them, they think they are expert drivers and when things go wrong they don`t have the skills to deal with the situation, accident numbers are dropping overall but serious injuries are rising due to the speed of collisions, one real fact that they ignore is it`s not speed that kills, it`s speed in the wrong place, that's down to the ability (or lack of it) of the driver

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, neil82 said:

all these toys make cars safer, but the down side is young drivers don`t realise how much the car is doing for them, they think they are expert drivers and when things go wrong they don`t have the skills to deal with the situation, accident numbers are dropping overall but serious injuries are rising due to the speed of collisions, one real fact that they ignore is it`s not speed that kills, it`s speed in the wrong place, that's down to the ability (or lack of it) of the driver

All the above is true and IF they introduce speed limiters this will reduce speed which will reduce mortalities but if you drive into a brick wall at 70 it ain't going to do anyone a lot of good. Stupidity can't be legislated against.  There again that natural selection.