Jonjon79

Seems legit' 🤔

The link expires same day that it's sent (so hurry up :yes:).

Have your credit/debit card ready - yeah, no worries :rolleyes:

Who gave Nigerian fraudsters internet access? :doh: :feck:

IMG_20190325_212442.jpg

The silly thing is that loads of people fall for this sort of nonsense. My sister had some bloke ring up and said that he had made a mistake and paid to much money into her account and could she go and draw it as cash and then pay it into something like a western union account. At 4.30 ?  Yeah right. There are some who don't mind playing about with these clowns and spend hours playing them. Sport and entertainment for all.

3 minutes ago, Meece said:

The silly thing is that loads of people fall for this sort of nonsense. My sister had some bloke ring up and said that he had made a mistake and paid to much money into her account and could she go and draw it as cash and then pay it into something like a western union account. At 4.30 ?  Yeah right. There are some who don't mind playing about with these clowns and spend hours playing them. Sport and entertainment for all.

Too long to post but there's one a guy keeps a fella going for months  saying hell transfer rhe money if the fella joins some made up church and even convinces the scammer to get some tattoo done etc

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Too long to post but there's one a guy keeps a fella going for months  saying hell transfer rhe money if the fella joins some made up church and even convinces the scammer to get some tattoo done etc

Excellent. 

had the same last yr....HMRC never text or send emails, will always be a letter with said amount on a cheque 👍

• Like 1

Sadly its usually the elderly that fall for these scams 

Luckily for my grandad my dad and mum will sort this shite out for him . If it wernt for them I know he would end up a victim. He's old and fragile and would crumble at the thought of owing someone money.  If he had email and got a email from alleged hmrc saying he owed 1k back taxes he'd end up paying it.  He wouldn't understand the concept of scammers online if it looked legit 

I had a txt from hmrc yesterday saying they owe mw £300. I should of txt back telling them to knock it off what I owe them 

• Haha 1

Some of these scams are actually getting quite good.

Some serious vigilance is required!

I was selling a pickup truck a couple of years ago and I had a message telling me it was just what he was looking for , he wanted it and was willing to pay the full asking price , no questions asked . He was even going to pay me £200 more . I was as you can imagine feeling very pleased. I thought how lucky I was and that I wouldn’t have to put up with the usual “tyre kickers” . Too good to be true ? Cause it was , the email was from Nigeria , all I had to do was pay I think it was £150 via western union to his agents account, so he could organise the shipping  and he would then forward the “monies “ to me . I strung him on for days , I kept on saying I’d transferred it and “did he have it yet “? “oh you should have it now , because I’ve been on my computer all morning trying to send it “. My initial disgust soon faded and I had a lot of mileage out of it . 

• Like 1