7 hours ago, milliken said:

I know it can be done its just gonna be hard work ahead with them especially the older dog that's been been doing it acouple of seasons

for a hound that's been created to hunt hares its gonna take some effort to stop but that time and effort will be put in that you can be sure of

We tried bringing a couple in from a hare pack last season and although decent on a fox all they were going to do was undo the work we had done with the young dogs so they went back. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new hounds out for bit exercise and my new whip for the season great when the young ones take a interest

I really like them if I’m honest Shane and for a small foot pack I think they would be perfect, I’ve seen a few want to do there own thing but I also think they hunt better being in a pack predominant

The Welsh hound i have is very same as that.work n mark all day but come the end of the day she gets temperamental lol suppose a bit like myself

Posted Images

That

19 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

S

We tried bringing a couple in from a hare pack last season and although decent on a fox all they were going to do was undo the work we had done with the young dogs so they went back. 

that's what I'm scared of myself mate ive got couple young dogs there that ive got sorted and think they will end up decent just don't want these couple harriers undoing all the hard work that been done

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Not being funny mate but what did you expect them to do .One mans riot is another’s sport .I use to whip on for a bobbers pack of mink hounds years ago and the huntsman ,if you could call him that ,thought every year it was a good idea to draft in old retired fox hounds .Bloody  great if it’s senile fox hunting  you want .

• Like 3
On 25/03/2019 at 11:52, milliken said:

I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark but after putting the feelers out with alot of guy aload of months ago no body has been able to get us sort yet with anything suitable

we are on the look out for a couple of entered foxhounds and a couple of young pups

we are a small foot pack that hunt twice a week threw the season at the minute we are only hunting 3 couple id like to be running 6 couple at the start of next season ive had a few offer but they have been rioting on hares or deer just though id as about now that everyone is finished up and are maybe think of cutting. Numbers down or notice ones slowing up abit it also give me time to get they integrate into the pack and bit of bond built up before we start again in September I know hounds and money don't usually go hand in hand but am willing to fork out or put on day hunting or anything else I could do to help

Has the KING not got any pups or you lot fell out with him as well 

2 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

Has the KING not got any pups or you lot fell out with him as well 

and in all fairness the pups wont be a problem as I can wait or breed and plenty of mates have told me that when they breed im more than welcome to what I need its more acouple of entered hounds ill be needing or some thing round the year old mark

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mixedgrill said:

There’s a fox hound just over the border I’ve seen the dog hunt, mark, and cold mark but he’ll definitely hunt a hare

what ages is he and has anyone tryed to stop him rioting or has he just been left get on with it

Just now, milliken said:

what ages is he and has anyone tryed to stop him rioting or has he just been left get on with it

That’s the problem the lad that has the dog doesn’t give a toss he’ll not run to try and stop him. but the dog is hard on his Fox ?

32 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Not being funny mate but what did you expect them to do .One mans riot is another’s sport .I use to whip on for a bobbers pack of mink hounds years ago and the huntsman ,if you could call him that ,thought every year it was a good idea to draft in old retired fox hounds .Bloody  great if it’s senile fox hunting  you want .

It’s not all down to me fd because if it was they won’t of been there in the first place but they didn’t get a chance to do much harm until they were gone. Ideally I’d like a kennel full of Welsh hounds but we’ll have to work with what we have for a while yet. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

That’s the problem the lad that has the dog doesn’t give a toss he’ll not run to try and stop him. but the dog is hard on his Fox ?

you have a number for him mate I could see what's going on with the dog ive took on acouple mad harrier that came from a fox pack but will hunt a hare but as you say the fella just did nt try stop them so another may be ok but wont be put in with the rest till I get them broke if you could get me a number would be a great help

41 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

It’s not all down to me fd because if it was they won’t of been there in the first place but they didn’t get a chance to do much harm until they were gone. Ideally I’d like a kennel full of Welsh hounds but we’ll have to work with what we have for a while yet. 

Do you not find the welsh hounds a bit independent we had a few in the pack well able to hunt but could be independent by times