8 minutes ago, shaneg said:

Do you not find the welsh hounds a bit independent we had a few in the pack well able to hunt but could be independent by times 

I really like them if I’m honest Shane and for a small foot pack I think they would be perfect, I’ve seen a few want to do there own thing but I also think they hunt better being in a pack predominantly made up of welsh. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new hounds out for bit exercise and my new whip for the season great when the young ones take a interest

I really like them if I’m honest Shane and for a small foot pack I think they would be perfect, I’ve seen a few want to do there own thing but I also think they hunt better being in a pack predominant

The Welsh hound i have is very same as that.work n mark all day but come the end of the day she gets temperamental lol suppose a bit like myself

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, shaneg said:

Do you not find the welsh hounds a bit independent we had a few in the pack well able to hunt but could be independent by times 

I never had that problem with the welsh I had but then again I never had a full pack off them just the two full welsh and welsh fell cross

23 minutes ago, milliken said:

I never had that problem with the welsh I had but then again I never had a full pack off them just the two full welsh and welsh fell cross

We had 2 in one pack I done a bit for and I found they were well able to hunt but would have no problem doing there own thing. Then my mate ran 4/5 1/2 crosses with another pack and they were well able to hunt but one or 2 at the end of the day when u would be calling them up had the tendency to hang about a bit in cover. But u would let them away with that they were great to draw and always up the front on a hunt 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our pack is mostly old English foxhound with around 10 Irish harriers. We find the foxhound is hard to beat for marking but the harriers voice and deep scenting abilities is a must.. that said there's packs of harriers that mark every bit as good as foxhound packs..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaneg said:

We had 2 in one pack I done a bit for and I found they were well able to hunt but would have no problem doing there own thing. Then my mate ran 4/5 1/2 crosses with another pack and they were well able to hunt but one or 2 at the end of the day when u would be calling them up had the tendency to hang about a bit in cover. But u would let them away with that they were great to draw and always up the front on a hunt 

id a welsh fell dog and as a first season hound after hunting on way to load up he would run of once he got acouple feet from the trailer use to really get to me so after a few time I use to just drive off leaving him he use to run along after us by the end the season there was no messing about straight in he went with the rest

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Kaiser Sozé said:

Our pack is mostly old English foxhound with around 10 Irish harriers. We find the foxhound is hard to beat for marking but the harriers voice and deep scenting abilities is a must.. that said there's packs of harriers that mark every bit as good as foxhound packs..

they do have a great nose but most the real good one i have see would back track abit do see it as much with the foxhounds