New Land

Acquired a bit of a beast of a new permission today. Went for a look round this afternoon. 

Literally from asking around in the pub.

Just goes to show, if ya keep banging 'looking for a permission drum' chances are you might get a bit of luck.

All that land owned by a early 18th century cottage.

NewPerm.jpg

• Like 9

Well done mate :good:                                                                                                                                                   

Twat !

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, si brown said:

looks good Rez, bet you'll be living in that wood at the bottom left...

looks like the pigeons drop out of it straight into that field for dinner?

And that lovely strip in the centre??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

looks good Rez, bet you'll be living in that wood at the bottom left...

looks like the pigeons drop out of it straight into that field for dinner?

Init. When he drove me round I was like... “so that wooded area is yours too?”

Theres a few wooded areas, like the Matt pointed out, the large one and a few smaller ones... and he seems to be having a right financial bashing from the pigeons, on peas and beans, it’s the first perm where a pest is actually making a difference to the owners pocket. I know I drop rabbits and the brace or two of birds now and then, but this one feels a bit like a big job. 

He was almost a bit disappointed when I told him I only use air guns. Might be worth me getting me ticket for a boom stick. Decoy them birds in during the day and plug a few with the airgun at roost. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Rez said:

Theres a few wooded areas, like the Matt pointed out, the large one and a few smaller ones... and he seems to be having a right financial bashing from the pigeons, on peas and beans, it’s the first perm where a pest is actually making a difference to the owners pocket. I know I drop rabbits and the brace or two of birds now and then, but this one feels a bit like a big job. 

He was almost a bit disappointed when I told him I only use air guns. Might be worth me getting me ticket for a boom stick. Decoy them birds in during the day and plug a few with the airgun at roost. 

You will be needing a lift on that one then sweetie ???

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Rez said:

go for it, I'm still out loads with the airguns but I've got to confess ive not used a sub 12 for about 5 months:whistling:

was out with my lad plinking yesterday and the farmer said he's drilling the beans tomorrow so looks like a day off is on the cards:hunter:

• Like 3

Well done that man.

If you need to impress him with high activity and some banging going on so he thinks it is all going well, take a friend with a shotgun and set out the deeks and go for it. If you don't know anyone Jamie, I will come down and you can use my gun or one of them. I have loads of land to shoot so not trying to worm my way in mate but you might at some stage want to give it a try, if you do, give me a shout.

Apply for a shotgun certificate mate then you are geared for most things and a FAC Air ticket is well worth having.

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, big napper said:

Nice one Rez, youl be having some good days there i bet

I hope too. But it might sound un grateful, I don’t mean it too, but I’m having trouble keeping on top of things on all of them, before I’d even got this one. I get a thick ear from one land owners wife every time she sees a rabbit on the lawn. I try to get round all 5 at least once a month, 1 a week like at best, but hopefully during the summer I can thin the buggers out a bit more in the evenings if I can get a pass. 

Off to this new one this coming weekend. 98 and a pocket of fields. Get me bearings.

• Like 1