Beddy Grey x Deer Grey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something with a little in the tank that also has the classic looks.   Bloody Spanish ?

got an old bitch here,I took on for a mate when he had a long holiday ?bred beddy/grey dam x 3/8 5/8 bull grey sire.in her day she would run all day/night until she would literally fit.....unreal prey

I’d think they would be a handy cross if the ingredients in the melting pot was right but I think finding a decent deerhound x greyhound that was actually any good an worth breeding out of same goes f

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2019 at 18:13, sandymere said:

Something with a little in the tank that also has the classic looks. 

FB_IMG_1553602082292.jpg.f8895593e216235158066fedb0f0f04f.jpg

Bloody Spanish ?

Classic looks,seriously that is one weak looking hindquarter.Strong arse strong drive,weak arse weak pursuit.

Edited by morton
Because im pissed off with the classic assumption
25 minutes ago, morton said:

Classic looks,seriously that is one weak looking hindquarter.Strong arse strong drive,weak arse weak pursuit.

Here we go lol.

You know what, I was told, not suggested to me, but TOLD, my old dog wouldn't be able to catch hares, jump properly, etc etc, by a guy that used to come on here, that bred whippets, because his feet weren't the best to look at, due to a couple of injurys.

He very quickly changed his tune, when my dog caught the first two hares we seen, and jumped about eight or nine five bar gate in less than 1/2 an hour.

He probably still looks in on here from time to time, and knows exactly who I am. 

And if it wasn't for my dog, he would NOT have been able to advertise his well known coursing bred whippet as a single handed hare killler, at stud to whippets, greyhounds and lurchers ?

26 minutes ago, morton said:

I tried to edit my post,so ill try again.Weak hindquarters,weak and shallow chest,weak and narrow jaw,short coupled and weak in the wrist and hock.Classic in the owners eye only.The original Deerhound was a powerful animal,the Greyhound is a powerful animal and a decent Bedlington is a beast in miniature,thus a combination of each should portray,especially from a side vision,a remarkable looking lurcher that many may aspire to own and call classical,that shivery weakling does not portray that fact to me,it may to some.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Here we go lol.

You know what, I was told, not suggested to me, but TOLD, my old dog wouldn't be able to catch hares, jump properly, etc etc, by a guy that used to come on here, that bred whippets, because his feet weren't the best to look at, due to a couple of injurys.

He very quickly changed his tune, when my dog caught the first two hares we seen, and jumped about eight or nine five bar gate in less than 1/2 an hour.

He probably still looks in on here from time to time, and knows exactly who I am. 

And if it wasn't for my dog, he would NOT have been able to advertise his well known coursing bred whippet as a single handed hare killler, at stud to whippets, greyhounds and lurchers ?

A few on here could tell you they hunt on Mars and you would take it all in.

10 minutes ago, morton said:

I tried to edit my post,so ill try again.Weak hindquarters,weak and shallow chest,weak and narrow jaw,short coupled and weak in the wrist and hock.Classic in the owners eye only.The original Deerhound was a powerful animal,the Greyhound is a powerful animal and a decent Bedlington is a beast in miniature,thus a combination of each should portray,especially from a side vision,a remarkable looking lurcher that many may aspire to own and call classical,that shivery weakling does not portray that fact to me,it may to some.

Regardless of the fact wether or not it looks classic if it does job does it matter?

Edited by Busher100